Chapter 108 - Darker Shade of Crimson

2 hours later. 

In a building located in East Downtown, there are loads of squad vehicles parking in each session of the building, some with turrets armed near the hoods, some with extra sonar radars near the windshields, and most with banners of the American flags and other certain symbols like white crosses, black suns, and such that represented the kind of allegiances the human forces deep within the Zlocu. All of it is present while many security troops guard around the building in many areas with AR15 rifles, with some degree of military gear like helmets, vests and boots, even if they aren't exactly military types. 

These sorts of troops would be among the most common sights in the Evolved Zones in LA, making sure that that the common citizens feel safe by their presence alongside the looming ship of the Zlocu in the sky and their drones, at least as stated by the news outlets broadcast around the city for many hours. Their smiles and laughs should be the necessary proof that the common folk are really safe under the Zlocu and their collaborators, combined with the messages done by Sally and Diego. 

It's for their own good, they say. What they do would be another thing. 

Near the entrance in the center of the building, two male guards stand guard as the sun rays reflect on their visors, looking almost petrified due to how stiff and rigid their bodies look as they stand guard in case of a potential intrusion coming around the perimeter of the building. It all seems like it could be just another day in the business aside from another potential attack coming in downtown once more, for the security now needs to be on extra alert for any more attacks from "terrorists", no matter the cost. 

However, this stops once a peculiar voice makes them turn around. 

"Hey, you two, I need a favor!" Rioso says as he runs towards the building, carrying a dossier in his right arm while Mora chases him from behind. 

"Hold on, Rio!" Mora says while panting for a bit, trying to get a grip on her curious brother as both approach the entrance with the guards. While any guard would normally aim for any sudden intruder, their appearances mean that they have to merely stand still and wait for any response they give regardless of status and looks. 

"Yes? What do you need?" the male guard on the left asks Rioso as he pants for a bit due to the running. 

"I heard you guys have some information needed regarding something I really want to know about, but I think it would be best to save the details inside," Rioso says. 

"Who's your superior officer? Did they give you any proper authorization to head inside the security station?" the guard on the right asks with a curt tone. Rio merely answers by showing an insignia stamped in the center of the dossier, one with a flurry of blades aiming rightward with a small quote located in the handle of the main blade. 

As the officer inspects the insignia for a bit, the guard places his left thumb on the keycode device placed near the entrance, which once pressed enough, makes the red light turn green accompanied by a beeping sound, while the other guard opens the handle of the entrance so that the twins can check inside the building and perhaps Rio getting the answers he needs for what he needs to find. 

"Alright, thanks, man! Also, that's a cool outfit!" Rio says as he runs to the entrance, which prompts Mora to do the same as the guard closes the door through the handle, leaving both men on their own once more. 

"Have you ever seen a Zloc act like that?" the guard on the right asks his partner. 

"Beats me. That said, wish we could get some of that cute chick near him in some way..." the other guard asks while chuckling for a bit. Perhaps in some way, these can wish to engage in something worthwhile in their heads away from this duty that feels like a chore to both of them whatever it means.