Chapter 96 - Infiltration

2 hours later. Briefing room. 

"Alright then, you people seem to be well-trained enough to take on this mission, effective immediately. As you all know, one of the remaining defense mechanisms in the Hollywood Line is the quadrupedal mechanical walker, Ammit. Ammit is known to be a vigilant scout in the rocky terrains, always spotting any intruder trespassing the Hollywood Line, and terminating them with extreme prejudice with her advanced weaponry, including a mounted hyper cannon in the head of the mech, plus some defensive turrets and an electronic warfare suite. You'd say it stuffs the entire defense weaponry applied by futuristic ships and such. We recently uncovered that from every watch Ammit does, it's transported back to a large facility located near the Morongo Valley. The facility supplies an amount of energy to Ammit and reloads most of the weapons inside the mech, all within an estimated span of six hours of recharge and reloading." As this is explained, the map zooms on the western part of the county where the valley is, showing a photo of the large hangar constructed solely for Ammit to be resupplied, all while showing some spotting towers and a line of tanks around it. 

"Unlike Manta, our objective is to capture Ammit where she's stationed near the valley, and then use it once the liberation of LA begins. The operation will be better suited to take place at nighttime. Our members today will include the EW, the 2nd Marine Division, the Lycan Gunslingers from Chimera, and the support units from the conscripts, each with their own part to work with. We all need to work in tandem to ensure the success of the operation because otherwise, the Zlocu and their human lapdogs would get another kick of mowing down the ones who were this close to victory. Dismissed." 

6 hours later. 

In the deepest reaches of the night, the shadowy sky throws a curtain of darkness around the land, with little to almost no visibility in the ground, not even the faintest of burning campfires in any part of the acres of land in the valley. The only traces of light to be seen are around the facility holding Ammit, accompanied by the lights of the watch towers in front of the hangar. As well as some hover tanks guarding in front of it, it seems that there won't be any sort of disturbance in the day. 

But as fate would have it, that will be tested in the most peculiar way possible. 

Near the watch tower on the left,  while two Zlocan guards inspect the spotlight in the center, three figures dressed in black-clad suits including balaclavas and bags walk while crouched near the tower, as the Zlocan guards focused on their job. Most are armed with Honey Badger submachineguns, with night vision goggles strapped in as well. As they halt near the base of the tower, one unbuckles a C4 explosive in their belt, placing one in the left part of the wall of the tower. As they inspect that the C4 is firmly attached to the wall and ready to detonate, they signal to the other soldiers to do the same, planting the C4s in two more placements in the tower. 

Once they're all set, one of the soldiers takes out a mini lantern which once turned on, reveals a red light attached to it. Crouching near a bush next to them, they switch the lantern on and off in a flickering motion on the tower on the left, as if they're waiting for another response from the men on the other side. 

After some seconds of silence, a blue flickering light is spotted on the tower on the right, which leads to the black-armored soldier to signal the others with his hands, walking away from the tower as they both pull the detonators out of their belts. The soldier starts counting with their fingers, starting with five, then steadily counting down until it reaches the index finger. And once it's pulled, the soldiers press the detonators, which cause loud bangs to be heard as explosions rock both towers apart, the force enough to send both down to the abyss with the guards falling down and impacting the ground, some losing their rifles in the process during the fall.