55

The night jungkook was left alone to tend for himself and reflect on his actions . He meant it when he said he regretted what he did . He never expected a harmless dare as per him could be this serious for someone .
The next morning rolled up pretty quickly for jungkook where all he got was disappointed looks from his brothers and a blank unexplainable face from his eldest brother . And before he knew he was in the car along with namjoon and jin probably to meet the parents of the girl who was locked .

From the way her mother talked it was obvious that she had no idea of namjoon being jungkook's brother .

Namjoon : Mam I am really sorry for the actions of my brother and I truly understand just a mere sorry won't suffice your agony , but we will make sure we can compensate to you in some other way .

Jin : I can understand your emotions as her mother and please don't take us wrong but we really wanna pay the hospital bills of your daughter . Jungkook will work part time to pay for it and also she will get scholarship for the whole semester. Again we are really sorry and ashamed of our brother's deeds .

Jungkook didn't like that his hyungs were apologising for something he did . He was letting his hyungs down and that was his worst nightmare . His Jinnie hyung had to be ashamed because of him , nothing could be more heart wrenching for him possibly.

Jungkook : Mam i won't justify my actions but i just wanna say one thing , I really had no intentions of harming her in any way . It was all because of a stupid dare which turned into a nightmare . I am really sorry for my actions and hope you could forgive me .

Right then he was met with yet another slap . He didn't say anything to the distressed mother and let her take out her frustration . It was a Dejected sight for both of his hyungs. Jin wanted to hug his baby brother so badly , he couldn't see him taking all the pain and humiliation so silently and openly . But maybe the barrier of society stopped him . If given a choice he could still bear this a bit then seeing people questioning the character of his brother .

Mother : Because of a stupid dare my daughter is in hospital . You think a stupid sorry or some money which even won't affect your income will compensate for the pain my daughter had to go through ? No right? I hope you suffer the same way ..
With a heavy puff of oxygen she left the cabin while her words reminded him of how he would soon be sent to the hostel and separated from his family , his world , his happiness, his hyungs .

He wasn't ready for anything. Nothing was condensed by his brain . One moment he was so happily enjoying with his brothers and the other moment a harmless dare turned into a fatal one turning his life upside down too in the process .

.

His thoughts were given a hault by jin instructing him " Go and look for some part time jobs and come back by dinner, you aren't gonna attend the college anyways so you can look for more than one as well , i don't care all I want is the amount of her hospital bills to be earned within 2 weeks "

Jungkook wanted to cry, cry in his hyung's embrace but all he had at the moment was their upset and broken faces , with sadness literally running in his whole body at the moment he left giving a small nod to his hyungs .
Some part of him felt guilty but some part of him couldn't even understand why he was getting punished .
It wasn't like they all couldn't pay the amount their own income but jin wanted jungkook to learn and owe up for his own consequences .

When jungkook left jin finally broke into the tears he was holding since so long . The image of the sad and guilt ridden face of his brother wasn't leaving his mind ..

Jin ; I-I ain't taking a..any wrong step right ? What if it affects him in a negative way .

Namjoon : Shh hyung don't worry your aren't doing anything wrong . He needs something strict , he had been doing many things which we kept ignoring . And we will just send him for 3 months hmm? And then our kookie will be all good and sound with us again .

Jin : Hmm , i still will rethink about it .

Namjoon : Hmm okiee , for now let's go home and wipe off those tears my hyungieeeee .
Jin chuckled through his tears because of the long tail of E , wiping his tears in process .

On the other side the whole day jungkook knocked at the doors of different restaurants and cafes . He still was in first year so getting a job in any company was definitely not on his list .
He kept opening his phone even though there was no ding of the notification in hope of seeing at least one text from his hyungs . However was met by none .

Do they hate me this much now that they didn't even messaged me once to check up on me , not even one of them. It's probably my fault only, I never make them proud just create troubles for them .
Thought jungkook sitting in a park after an exhausting day of job hunt . However he was extremely wrong, sure jin or anyone of them didn't message him but jin had all updates of his whereabouts as he kept checking his location every while .

Finally jungkook called it a day when he got 2 jobs . One as a cashier in a 5 star restaurant and other in an NGO .

Every one at the Kim mansion were seated at the dining table ready to dig in but not doing so as they waited for the younger . However when he did come he mistook it as them already eating and not even waiting for him . His look though wasn't something pleasant . He had a cut on him arm which was pouring out considerable amount of blood .

Jin : How did u get that ? His voice still super chilly and hollow .

Jungkook : A girl was getting molested so while saving her . His voice so low thinking he might get scolded again .

Jin : Ohh you know how to save people too but anyways go and freshen up and come downstairs we are waiting for you to have dinner .
Hearing his hyungs were waiting for him finally made his dull eyes sparkle for the first time in the day . Jin couldn't be so cruel and evil with his brother afterall . A little reassurance won't do any harm .

Though jungkook still felt a little bitter about how his hyung didn't treat his wounds first but still being optimistic , happily hoped to the bathroom .

When he was finally back to the dining room where his hyungs were still waiting for him to come and start eating , his overthinker mind was filled with just one thought . ' hyungs don't hate me they are just upset with me for a while'

Jin : After this come to my room .

Why do u think he is calling jungkook ? For treating his hand ? Or something else too ?
And sorry I got a bit late but I slept as soon as I came back from the exam .