68

" Guards , now throw some chili water too please . We need to equalize the sweetness , right Jinnie ?"

With the said words, two big buckets of chili water were thrown over him and the worst part was he had to endure the agony in silence, unable to even scream . His pain and suffering were trapped within, devoid of any means for expression to set them free .

And just like always, he chose to suffer alone in darkness .

As the day's last hues faded, Jin's hopes rose thinking he finally might have some painless moments , only to be cruelly dashed.

He had foolishly expected mercy but from Mr Choi , a heart that knew none. As the basement door creaked shut after pouring the painful chili water the guards retreated, their mocking laughter making Jin feel just more helpless and alone .

The basement's walls, stained with blood narrated tales of despair and agony and Jin was sure soon he would become one of the legends of the basement.

But the guards, because of the orders they were given left behind a relentless tormentor. Hanging right above Jin's head was a pot . The pot had a tiny hole in its base. From this hole, water dripped, not with the regularity one might expect and get used to but with an irregular pattern, and the anticipation of the next drop just made Jin's anxiety reach its peak , it was pure mental torture for him . At this rate, he was sure he would lose his sanity and become the doll Mr Choi was trying to make him .

Every drop that splashed against his forehead was like a cruel reminder of his failure and ill-cursed faith .

The irregular gap between the rhythm of water droplets made him rethink everything in his life , be it bad or good . Along with the pain , came the realization of what all he had done for his brothers since their parent's death and what they gave him in return . He missed the times when he could enjoy his life and live carefree , he missed his moments with his love he missed his moments with his only hyung . Most of all he missed the feeling of being protected But after their parent's death , his life just revolved around his brothers . There was no Jin in Jin's life just Jin's brother . There was no one to protect him

Just this realization made him feel stupid , he felt as if he was used by his own brothers . But again his love for his brothers stood firm and overpowered all such thoughts lingering in his head with the pain . And the same way pain by his brothers stood firm too .

The night soon painfully ended , he couldn't get even a single ounce of sleep . At times, he would almost drift into the clutches of sleep, only to be jolted awake by the cold, unexpected splash against his forehead. By the time the first rays began to lighten the basement's heavy darkness, Jin's spirit was filled with fatigue and despair. Sleep had not come, and in its place exhaustion settled in, making every minute feel like eternity .

On the other hand , the moment Namjoon woke up he had the best idea in his mind . He was sure that even if his hyung wasn't at the person's place he would still be the best help to save his brother . He slowly sneaked into Taehyung's room and copied the number from his phone .

The person didn't even take 1 ring to pick up the call and was met with a sobbing Namjoon .

" Hy...hyung please find my Jinnie hyung . I wi...will do anything you say ju...just please find him " He cried , the other person didn't panic but softly and swiftly made Namjoon tell all the things .

" Don't worry joon'ah I will bring your hyung , hmm . Don't cry , he will be with you by evening I promise "

Namjoon again panicked at that and spoke " No no you will take me along with you , I won't let you go without me "

The person on the call didn't argue much and spoke " Okay buddy , don't panic . And come to the river by 9 okay ? " and cut the call .

While with Jin , his day had started with more cruelty . Mr Choi showed no sign of humanity , as he ordered his guards " Pour the hot wax on his feet , he shouldn't be able to even move a single finger "

The guards just mindlessly followed the orders ,They turned blind to Jin's gaze, a gaze that bore a silent plea, mingled with crumbled hope. He no more held the fire of protest from the previous day.

But his eyes, those deep wells of emotion, were a different story. They were brimmed with unshed tears as Jin gazed at the cruel instruments in the guards' hands, brimming with anticipation of the agony .

The wax began its torturous descent from the vessel. It clung onto every inch of flesh it touched, causing his skin to bubble and blister. The hot wax was hardening quickly and literally glued his legs to the floor . All the while he just stared at them with a lot of unexplainable emotions for the guards .

Mr Choi didn't even wait for the pain of the wax to subside and again ordered the guards to cover Jin's face with a cloth .

Jin was in his own daze of misery , he didn't react earlier didn't mean he wasn't hurt . A single look in his eye , and even a blind person could sense all his emotions , feelings, and sufferings . That was until , he could feel difficulty in breathing and realized his face was covered with a cloth .

He made muffled sounds to indicate that he couldn't breathe but wasn't that what Mr Choi wanted in the first place ?

Just as Jin was coming to grips with the cruel affliction of his legs, another torture awaited him. . He could soon feel the water being constantly poured over his covered face , It wasn't the chill of the water or even its physical sensation that tormented him, but the sensation of the oxygen , being ruthlessly snatched from his lungs The feeling of ripening away of the oxygen from his lungs was burning his inside . Even the feeling of drowning was better than what he felt at the moment . His lungs burned due to the deprivation of oxygen and the water, which under normal circumstances might offer relief, became the very instrument of his suffering . He was coughing hard without moving his body , as both his legs and hands were secured painfully . The only visible sign of his pain was the violent, muffled, desperate coughs .

While Jin was suffering all this , there was his brother , the only brother who was finally happy to get a lead about his hyung . He reached the river where he was asked to come and finally seeing his hyungs there to help him find his brother just made him pour out tears of happiness . The pain of the past days, the anguish of uncertainty, all dissolved in that singular moment of overwhelming relief and determination.

How is it ?

And can you all do 70 votes on this and 200 followers ? (^人^)