85

Jin's question hung heavily in the air , making all three other people in the room nervous . Namjoon's grip on Jin tightened , his face revealing a storm of emotions as he exchanged a knowing glance with Kai and Minho . "Hyung " began Namjoon hesitantly, "there was an injury... from that day. When Yoongi hyung ... you know. It affected your spinal cord. The doctors... they aren't sure if you'll regain the full use of your legs." Namjoon spoke hesitantly but still didn't say that his lower body was paralyzed and kept beating around the bush .

Jin's eyes widened as he processed Namjoon's words, disbelief written all over his face. He looked down at his motionless legs taking in the grim reality and attempted to wiggle his toes, but they remained still. He tried again, wiggling his legs to move, tears welling up in his eyes. "Bu-but that me-means I can't... I can't walk? Dance? Run?" Jin whispered, his voice trembling, disbelief and fear evident in his tone. Namjoon held onto Jin tighter, attempting to provide comfort and warmth to his hyung . Jin buried his face into Namjoon's chest, his body shaking with sobs. All the memories of dancing, running, and simply walking felt like a dream he had been cruelly awakened from.

Minho's heart shattered seeing his baby in such pain, regret, and guilt consuming him. "I'm so sorry, Jinu. I promise, we will get through this together. You will be all fine ". Jin didn't react immediately as he pulled back from Namjoon's embrace . He kept his gaze steady, his face expressionless. When he finally spoke, his voice was cold and even. "You could've told me earlier." Minho took a deep breath, his guilt evident. "Jinu, I'm truly sorry. We should have told you. I should've told you but we thought it would be better to let you adjust first. You have been through a lot baby and we didn't want to see you sad again .

A bitter chuckle escaped Jin's lips as he paid no attention to what Minho spoke , "Of course. Just another thing I wasn't consulted on. First, being brought here and now this." He felt betrayed , even Namjoon's presence felt suffocating at the moment . Reading Jin like an open book Namjoon whispered, "We just wanted to protect you hyung ... We are so sorry ."

Jin turned his piercing gaze to Namjoon. "So, you all decided for me? Decided when I should know about my own body?" Had it been some other time , Minho would have felt so proud thinking Jin was finally taking a stand for himself . But when the coldness was directed towards him only he didn't like it at all . Not even a bit . Kai, trying to ease the tension, chimed in and spoke , "Jin, we just thought-" "I need time. Alone." Without waiting for a response, Jin turned away, drawing inward, creating a barrier that was as much emotional as it was physical. The others exchanged glances, each coping with their own feelings of guilt, regret, and helplessness.

A heavy silence enveloped the room. It was clear that the path to healing and acceptance was going to be a long and challenging one for all of them.

When left alone , Jin slowly got up and sat on his bed without any help putting all the pressure on his injured hands . Outside, the world continued its unceasing march, but inside that room, time seemed to stand still, the weight of Jin's pain evident in the painful silence. Jin just wanted to be alone and digest everything that happened in the past few days . All of it was a lot to comprehend .

"Why did this have to happen to me? Out of all the things , why was I chosen to bear this burden?" He thought of all the moments he had taken for granted, dancing under the spotlight, feeling the energy of the crowd, and running freely in the fields. "Every step, every jump, every spin, were they all my last?" he questioned himself with nothing but self -pity . Why was the faith always so cruel to him ? As tear rolled down his cheek, "Why did th-they keep this from me?... Why did I-I have to hear it this way? I deserved t-to know, no matter how painful." Jin shouted in agony . He felt betrayed, not just by his own body but by the very people he considered his pillars of strength. The feeling of being burdened and sheltered gnawed at him. "I'm n-not a child... I can handle t-the truth." sobbed Jin in pure pain and despair , this would make him just a burden on others for the rest of his life . Something which he never was in past and never wishes to be in the dark future .

Memories of past events flashed before him. "Was all that pain, that torture , that betrayal , not enough? Now this? An endless future trapped within these walls, within my own body... I ha-hate it ." He imagined the condescending looks, the whispered words of pity, and the need to be dependent on others. He would just be reduced to a BURDEN ! A mere BURDEN ! A fierce rage built up, "I don't want anyone's pity. I can get through this."

Jin then looked down at his motionless legs as his fingers trailed over his legs, willing them to move, to feel, to respond. But they remained still, almost alien to him. "You've been with me through every milestone, every journey, every step . How could you betray me like this?" Bitterly thought Jin , thinking at last no one stays they all betray you at your weakest .

In the end, they may go, leave you cold in the fray,

But remember your worth, let not spirits decay.

For sometimes it's in isolation we're free,

And in solitude's embrace, our true selves we see.

But then, a glimmer of determination sparked in his eyes, "This might be the hardest challenge but I won't give up. I'll fight every day, every moment, to get back what I lost. Maybe with therapy, with time... There must be a way to get back on my feet. I won't accept this as my fate. Yes I won't! " Spoke Jin with determination . He remembered the love, the warmth, and the countless times his brothers stood by him. "Maybe they were wrong in not telling me, but their intentions were pure. I shouldn't shut them out. We have always been together and this will be no different."

Taking a deep breath, Jin whispered to himself, "For now, it's okay to be angry. But I won't let this define me. I am stronger than this, and with my brothers by my side, I will fight this back "

The determination in Jin's heart shone like a star , guiding him through the darkest night, ready to face the dawn of a new day. He wouldn't let something else define his worth . He had always been strong and so he will be . But for how long ?

On the other side, Minho had called everyone in the living room as he spoke " We need to talk "

How is it !

What do you think ? Is this Jin's first step towards healing ? By accepting and loving himself ? For taking his own stand ?

And do tell me , did you like this side of Jin or not ?

Love ya !
80 votes on this , if you don't complete imma send namjoon to shave your eyebrows, got it ?🤨