65

The start of the day was relatively tranquil, with everyone seated at the dining table except Namjoon who remained locked in his room, and Jin who was god knows where . Neither of them displayed any indication of remorse or contrition, almost as if the events of the previous evening had never occurred.

Taehyung, who had spent the whole night thinking about what they had done to their brother, finally mustered up the courage to ask Yoongi " Hyung did you bring back Jin Hyung yesterday? " Yoongi didn't even make the effort to look up and just like that spoke " We all need space " Anyone in their sane mind could say it just came out as formality , and the other was nowhere concerned for his hyung .

Taehyung didn't know what else to say for his eldest hyung , but still, just for the sake of stirring the awkward air , he spoke " And hyung what about Joonie hyung ? He didn't even had his dinner " .

With a quick nod, Yoongi signaled for Hoseok to unlock the door, which he left to do without hesitation. As he entered the room, he was met with a distressing sight: Namjoon was propped up against the window which gave a clear view of their backyard , his face pallid and contorted with discomfort as he thrashed in his sleep.Without a word, Hoseok approached Namjoon with the utmost care, his movements slow and deliberate. With a gentle touch, he lifted Namjoon from his uncomfortable position and carefully tucked him back into bed, all without waking him from his restless slumber.

Despite his reservations about their elder hyung, Hoseok was determined to support Namjoon in helping his hyung without anyone else noticing . He had his own reasons for hurting his hyung and not supporting him which he clearly wished to keep just to himself .

Jin on the other hand was chloroformed as soon as he entered Mr Choi's house . Upon regaining consciousness, he found himself in a poorly illuminated basement. As he looked around his surroundings, he realized that his hands and legs were not restrained. Despite the lingering effects of the chloroform, he attempted to shake off the grogginess and noticed a recognizable shadowy figure in the corner of the room. Despite the eerie environment, instead of experiencing a sense of reassurance in knowing that he wasn't the only one in this predicament , the only thing he felt was Fear .

He was almost regretting his decision to come here , but then again his determination to gain back his brother's forgiveness was the only thing that mattered to him . He came straight to the point and asked " You have the file , don't you "

Mr Choi just gave out a light humorless chuckle at that and spoke " Of course I have, who else it could be ."

Jin's frustration was palpable as he clenched his teeth. For years, this man had been a constant source of misery for him and his brother. "What wrong did I do to deserve this? Can't you just leave me alone and let me live in pe..peace?" Jin's voice faltered as he confronted the individual who had brought utter chaos and destruction into his life , the one who ruined each and everything beautiful for him .

" Ohh Seokjin , there are a lot of things which you have done . Not to me , but my best friend and as your father's best friend isn't it my duty to put his bratty son in line , hmm ? " He spoke with such a sickening voice and Seokjin hated himself at the moment for being so helpless , but again anything for his brothers . Even if it costs his life .

With building up every ounce of courage he had in him , knowing very well where it could lead him he spoke " I will do anything , just clear up my name in front of my brothers " He spoke as if making some deal , well he indeed was making one . But of his life .

" Ohh boy , do you think the brothers who didn't believe their own hyung , their own blood will believe someone like me ? But if you trust me so much then don't worry I won't break your trust . In return, you will do anything I say ? " He sweetly asked , feeling proud of finally trapping Jin in his plan .

Jin nodded at that and spoke, " Anything you say , but my brothers must know the truth !"

" Ahh finally , I have the bird right in my fist . So as you are my beloved friend's son I will give you a privilege , hmm ? Let's give you a short trailer of what will happen to you , well nothing much I will keep you with me just for two days and at the end of two days I will send the file and all the proofs of your innocence to your brothers and umm about you let's see where I will send you "

He spoke the last sentence while looking up and Jin knew what it meant As he listened to the last sentence uttered , his heart sank. A sense of hopelessness enveloped him, and he wondered what the point of living was anymore. His brothers, the ones who had always been his reason for living and getting up each day, now despised him. While this was still preferable to facing their hatred while alive, it left him feeling utterly alone and so he embraced all of this with nothing but happiness and his only moment of peace now which will last till eternity .

Breaking his trance of thoughts , Mr Choi again spoke up " But don't you wonder , you definitely didn't give me the file , nor to the person your yoonie thinks you gave it to then how it came to me ?"

He deliberately chose his words to shatter the already broken boy into countless pieces, and unfortunately, he was succeeding.

With a curious gaze, Jin lifted his head to meet Mr. Choi's eyes. Despite enduring his brothers' hurtful actions and their actions to rove their loathe , he just couldn't quite wrap his head around the words that Mr. Choi had just spoken.

Hmmm , so now tell me one thing . Why is it 60+ votes on one chapter and then barely 45 on the next , super unfair right ? I know there are a lot who always support the book and I am very grateful for that , but then 60+ to 40 is demotivating seriously .

Love ya !!