Found

She stared through the window, the aroma of coffee filling the air. Rain began to fall while lightning began flashing through the clouds.

"Ms. Ahn, your white chocolate mocha is done!" The barista called out. She stands up from the table, walking and reaching for her drink. Taking a sip of it, she smiles.

She then notices her umbrella was missing. Soo-Hyun groans in frustration since her jacket has no hoodie. Before walking into the cold rain, she raises her bag above her head while gripping her drink. Making a break for it, she starts running to her house.

She didn't know which one was worse: the thunder, the rain, or the cold wind. Continuing to run, a box came in sight. Running past it, underneath it, she sees 7 tiny humans...? Still running, curiosity came over her.

What were those things? She wondered. Stopping and looking to the right, no one was in sight; looking to the left, she can see her home from afar.

I'm probably going to regret this.

Running (and almost falling) back to the alley where the box was at, her running then becomes walking. The small cardboard was in sight, having For free written on the side.

Soo-hyun bends down to see 7 tiny boys with animal ears and tails hiding under it.

Instead of questioning it, she says "Come with me." All were confused but they wanted out of the rain so they followed her.

🌹

"I'm Ahn Soo-hyun. I'm sorry if I scared you guys back there," she chuckled nervously. "You mind telling what your names are?"

"Namjoon.." the one with blue koala ears mumbles first, everyone else hiding behind him.

"Namjoon. What a handsome name," she replied, smiling a bit.

"Seokjin," the 2nd biggest one had white alpaca ears. "Yoongi," he had black cat ears. "Jimin," the chubby cheeked one had dark dog-like ears.

"Taehyung!" One with tiger ears and tail excitedly runs towards her. Soo-hyun picks him up, noticing how cute he was.

"No fair, Taehyung! I wanted hugs!" The one with tan/white cat ears whined. Taehyung stuck his tongue out, smirking.

"Too bad so sad, Hobi!"

"I...want hugs..." Jimin mumbled, fidgeting. She then notices the smallest one that had pink bunny ears with a pacifier in his mouth that was behind Jimin.

"What's his name?" She points at the baby bunny.

"Jungkook," Seokjin picks him up as he reaches for Soo-hyun. She sets Taehyung down and picks up Jungkook. He was drooling even with the pacifier in his mouth.

She giggles at him. "You're all so adorable!" She squealed. "You can stay with me."

"Really?" Namjoon's ears twitched as his eyes widens. She nods. Six of them then runs towards her hugging. She smiled, hugging them before seeing Yoongi with a frown.

"How long have you been in the alley?" She asks, curious on why seven children were hiding under a box.

"Eomma said she had to do something so she left us there," Seokjin replies, looking at the floor sadly.

"When was the last time you've seen your eomma?" Soo-hyun inquires.

"A few days ago," Yoongi frowned again. Soo-hyun began to feel angry but at the same time, sympathetic.

"Well then, I'll be your new eomma now, okay?" She tells them before picking up Jungkook and holding him in her arms. "I'll make dinner while you guys take a bath. Does that sound like a plan?"

All of their faces light up, nodding at her. "There's a bathroom down here and another one upstairs." All of them start racing to either bathrooms. Jungkook takes out his pacifier out of his mouth, waving it around.

"What about you little man? Wanna help your new eomma with dinner?" She smiled only to have him coo at her. "I wonder if Mi-nee left that baby chair here."

While searching for it, Jimin, Taehyung, and Yoongi were taking a bath in the upstairs bathroom while Namjoon, Seokjin, and Hoseok take one in the downstairs bathroom.

An hour later...

While fixing their plates, most of them were watching TV, mainly that Steven Universe cartoon. Seokjin was peeking at Soo-hyun who was preparing dinner. Walking towards her, he tugs at her pants, grabbing her attention.

"What's wrong Seokjin? You okay?" He nods before hugging her leg. "Come here." She picks the child, hugging him back. He notices the bulgogi bbq chicken bowls she cooked.

"That looks so good!" He drooled over the food's presentation. "Thank you."

"Thank you, Jin," she pets his head. "Dinner's ready! Jin, help me with the bowls." She walks to the dinner table with four bowls while Jin managed to grab two, Taehyung helping him with the last two bowls. All of them sit down as they start scarfiing down the food immediately after sitting down.