First Love

Music. That's what she heard all the time. Every time she left the farmhouse, she could hear the beautiful crackle of the earth beneath her feet. She would be inside and would hear the muffled sounds of her grandmother playing violin or her grandpa gracefully playing the piano.

Seeing her grandma perform onstage, oh so beautifully, she wanted to be like her. A simple girl from a farm to make it big. She had asked her grandpa to teach her how to play. Of course she struggled reading the notes and memorizing the piano keys.

While finding the best melons to sell, she would unknowingly sing to herself. That of course, caught her grandparents' attention and they helped her build a stronger voice.

Then everything changed when her parents decided to take her and her siblings to the city since now they were finally financially stable. As much as she wanted it, she was terrified. Everything seemed more populated than it did back at the farm.

Years rolled on by as she entered a relationship when she didn't really have any experience with love. She was so new to it and honestly craved the loving gestures he would do for her: take her out on dates, spoil her out of nowhere, and have random conversations.

Senior year was the time when the walls began to crack and slowly the venom seeped in. It often felt like her relationship was one of those on again-off again you see on TV. To keep her mind away from the insecurities that was building up, she wrote lyrics and produce music.

No matter how hard she tries to perfect the music and work hard, those thoughts continued to corrupt her. She began to have trust issues with Jae, started to doubt everything he said he was doing, and started to hate herself for never being enough for him.

They always told her to leave because that little girl that once had sparks and wonderment in her eyes started to become nothing more than a dull memory. She looked nothing more than a skeleton, what with the extreme weight loss and loss of inspiration and all.

Then a miracle bloomed. She became pregnant, it was the shock of her life. She started to turn her life around and actually started to regain that spark, the spark of inspiration. With the baby on the way, she began to get better.

She started to eat right again but also stayed active. She graduated 6 months pregnant and engaged. She was somewhat doubtful of her saying yes to her high school sweetheart but he needed his dad.

Then again, he never needed him. Every time she would play her music or play an instrument anywhere near him, he would try and play along with air instruments. She could tell he was falling in love with music, just like her.

Singing him to sleep, dancing with him to pop songs, she noticed how he took up more of her love for music, her love of the beautiful melodies she made and shared, her love of letting out the most poetic lyrics and singing it.

He loved it. Would she be humming, he would sing nonsense. She was absolutely happy that her first love was now his first love.

Yet, it didn't last long. Wings spurted from his back as he laid in his water bed and flew to the clouds, breaking what was left of her heart. Never was she able to understand the cruelty of his plan.

How could he? How could he take something so bright from her dark world? He meant the universe to her, she loved him.

Time flies as rediscovery was on her agenda. And a family. Eight children and a new man who wholeheartedly loved her passion and love of music entered her life, making it once bright again.

Another miracle appeared in the mist, a new baby. She was beyond ecstatic and nervous of having a second child. Months into it, she could always feel their feet kick inside whenever she taught Yoongi how to play the piano or if she passes Junghyun teaching the others to sing.

She had a feeling that the baby was starting to love music through the barrier that was her stomach. Being planned to the last flower, Soo and her siblings finished the baby shower decor.

Yellow was the main color since she knew another light would be in her life. Dressed in a white sundress and a straw hat with sandals, she walked onto the grass with a radiant smile.

Her cousins, aunts, and uncles and other family friends came, along with the kids' friends like Jisung, Jisoo, Kihyun, Jihoon, Seulgi, etc. Everyone congratulated Soo and Jung, who was wearing a white button up, khaki pants, and sandals.

Even though she was happy that they were going to know the gender finally, she was tired. Her feet were swollen and she had to ask Jung to walk her across the lawn because she felt like she would fall any minute.

"Okay everyone," she looks up from her chair where she was eating down the handmade honeycomb mochi to see Junghyun holding Jungkook in his arms, smiling. "We're gonna do the gender reveal!!"

Everyone cheered as Soo manages to get up and walk towards him, him sticking out his arm for her to grab. Taehyung dragged Yoongi across the grass, running towards her. Sunhye and Baekhyeon walked towards them, holding enough water guns for the kids.

"No. They're gonna shoot us?" Soohyun laughs. Junghyun sets Jungkook down who immediately runs to Namjoon.

"I wanna spray mommy with you!" He declares hopping with joy. Namjoon nods, grinning in agreement.

The kids stayed in a line as Soo holds Jung's hand, grinning. They get their water guns ready.

"Okay, I'm betting it's a girl," Hosook tells Jeongja. "Otherwise I owe your dad $20."

"Ok, on the count of 3, spray your parents with the water and we'll see if it's a boy or a girl. Ready, 1...2...3!!!" Sunhye screams as everyone cheers, the colored water spraying Soo's and Jung's clothes. They both had their eyes shut the entire time, only hearing the cheers and screams.

"I KNEW IT!" Hera yells.

Junghyun opens his eyes and sees the color on his shirt. "HELL YEAHHHHHH!" He screams before picking up Soo and spinning her around. "ITS A GIRLLLLL!"

Soo hugs him tightly, squealing and smiling hard. "I KNEW IT! PAY UP!" She hears her grandma scream at her grandpa, who laughed.

Soo was becoming overwhelmed as she began to cry. Then she felt small arms hug her, she looks down and sees the boys hugging her. "It's a girl mommy!" Jin laughs happily. "We're gonna protect her with all our hearts, mama!"

"Anyone who hurts her," Yoongi punches his palm, smirking, "is dead."

"Don't cry mommy," Hoseok tells her, wiping her tears away. "We're happy too!"

Jimin hugs her tightly. "I'll be a good brother to her, mama. I promise."

"Finally a sister!" Hera cheers as her friends hug her and Jin, laughing.

Soo looks up and sees Junghyun crying on his knees, covering his face. She walks to him and hugs him. "I'm really going to have to a daughter," he whispers to her, hugging her. "I love you Soohyun. Thank you."

"I love you too, Junghyun," she kisses him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "You're an amazing dad and I'm happy I'm gonna have your kid."

She knew this feeling was so different from her past one. Instead of feeling she was alone during her time of need, someone was there beside her. Safe and secure was Soo in Junghyun's arm, sobbing happily.

She feels more arms wrapped around them, knowing the kids were there. She does her best to them as well, only managing to touch their heads. She felt a small kick as she touches it.

"You're my remedy," she whispers as the baby girl kicked again.

{author-nim: I feel like I made it a bit too poetic in the beginning? But overall I just wanted to make a major point that music is definitely the one thing that brings the family together. I'll say this: after I write the birth of the baby, there'll be a time skip. So maybe the kids will be in their teens. Anyways please drop some girl names cause.....yes.}