Confrontation

"Mommy where are we?" Jungkook asks, looking at the small house. He was in Soo's arms, his bunny ears twitching at the sounds inside the house.

"We're just visiting someone. It'll be quick, alright?" She shows a reassuring smile, knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" A muffled woman's voice asks, footsteps going towards the door. There was some barks on the other side. "I'm sorry I'm not a babysitter."

"Kim Yuna. I'm Ahn Soohyun, the woman who adopted your children." There was a slight pause before the door opens, revealing her. She had curly black hair with blonde highlights tied into a ponytail, wearing a tight pastel pink dress. Soo immediately thought this couldn't be their mother. She didn't even look like she gave birth!

"Soo...Soohyun? You're the woman who..?" She covers her mouth when her eyes look over at Jungkook. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry I looked like a mess. It's a pleasure to meet-meet you."

"It's um..nice to meet you too. Um," she felt awkward, not knowing what to do. "I just.."

"How-How are the boys? They're better off without me right?" Yuna asks, her voice sort of trembling. "Considering you had them for almost a year."

How the heck is she the same woman who screamed at her over the phone months ago? Soo thinks to herself. "They're doing great. They're in school right now," Soo smiles awkwardly.

Yuna smiles sadly. "Hey Jungkook, you remember me?" Jungkook tilts his head, confused. He had little to no memories of her, only things Jin told him. He shakes his head.

"Oh I'm sorry, please come in. It's rude to keep you outside. I don't bite," Yuna chuckles gesturing Soo in. Soo obliged walking inside, seeing how small the interior was.

She saw a kitchen with two small fridges, a small diner table with folded chairs, the living room only had one couch and small bean bag chairs. "I'm sorry it doesn't look like much. Oh, do you want anything?"

"Yes, I just wanted to ask do you know a Jin Junghyun?" Soo asks. Yuna turns around confused.

"I-I meant as a drink. Jin Junghyun? No, not really. Why do you ask?" Yuna looks at her.

Jesus Christ, Jungkook does look like her, with the doe eyes. "It's just, I mean, I..I'm sorry I'm stuttering a lot." Soo chuckles embarrassed.

"No no it's fine. I'd understand if I met your adopted children's birth mother. Would you like water to calm yourself?" She takes a water bottle and hands it to her.

"Thank you," Soo gulps down the water, Jungkook sitting in her lap. Yuna smiles at him, waving a little.

"You're pretty, like my mommy!" He says earning a sad smile from her.

"Thank you. And thank you Miss Ahn."

"What for?" Soo asks.

"Taking my boys in. I know how you found them wasn't really the ideal or best way to adopt them. And the way I did it was unethical and really stupid but I'm glad that they were found by you. And I also appreciate that they're better off with you. You can clearly see I'm not really in the best place to raise them." She gestures her poor condition of the house.

Yuna looks at the ground trembling before bowing down. "Thank you for taking care of them when I couldn't. Thank you so much for giving them a better life," her voice was shaking. "I'm sorry that the way I left them in the streets, it's inexcusable. Please give them everything they could ask for, something I could never."

Soo's heart broke. Initially she was going to press Yuna about her relationship with Jungie but seeing her be different than she would..she didn't expect that. "I will. Please sit. I don't want to get emotional than I already am," Soo laughs, wiping her small tears. "Oh my gosh I really thought you would totally different."