Family

Distance. That's what they both had to deal with. Two weeks have passed since the boys were taken away and neither Junghyun or Soohyun have been able to deal with it. Soo had been taking extra shifts and would come home around midnight, just to avoid the absence of laughter in the house.

Junghyun would do the same and drink the night away, knowing he wouldn't be able to hug them. He didn't know that his mother was the cause of it since Soo couldn't bring herself to tell him. She couldn't because she didn't want him to yell at her for being a liar.

It was just another night, Soo comes home to find it empty as it can be. She scrolls through her emails as she finds nothing to lift her mood. She settles down on the couch, staring at the ceiling. The loud silence was becoming unbearable but Soo does nothing to fix it, just stares at the ceiling.

'Mama!'

She turns her head to see a toddler sized brown haired boy, knowing who it was. She sighs, knowing she was seeing things. "Well then, fuck you too brain," she mutters. She gets up as the turtle she was and goes to take her meds.

Then she hears stumbling footsteps followed by  tossed shoes. She sighs, knowing Junghyun was home and was possibly drunk. Swallowing the pills she walks towards him who laid flat on the couch. "Hey," she greets him gently.

"Hey," he slightly slurred but she paid no mind, knowing it was his stupid way of coping as unhealthy as it is. "You're so pretty, even with the dark circles. Then again, it's you."

She scoffs, smiling at him. "Work been rough, puppy?"

He giggles at her, cupping her cheek. He loved that nickname even though she doesn't say it as much as she says 'Jungie'. "It's alright. You overworking again?"

"I have to. We still haven't bought their school supplies," she runs her fingers through his fluffy hair to make it neat. "Jungie?"

"Yes, panda?" He adjusts himself on the couch on his side, just in case he becomes nauseous. She smiles at him so lovingly.

"When we have the kids again, you wanna go to Japan for their summer break?"

With wide eyes, he looks at her. Like his nickname suggested, he gave the cutest puppy eyes. "Re-Really? Don't play with me like that. You for real?"

"Yeah, I mean I managed to save enough money for all of us, for the plane tickets, for the hotels, the travel guides, all that. You have wanted to go there for the longest time so I thought it would be nice," Soo lays against the couch, head leaning on Jung.

"That would be nice. But I can't have you pay for everything, I have to put in my share as well."

"Go halfies?" She suggested.

"Halfies," he smiles at her, combing her hair back. "It's so weird."

"What is?"

"Not hearing them. Before we dated and I come visit you, they would always run to me all excited and cling to me. I really miss that," he sighs. "Nothing from them?"

"No. Nothing. There hasn't been any letters, emails, calls, nothing. Sunhye and pretty much my entire freaking family are telling me it's gonna be okay but now I'm really not sure. It's been weeks and you would think they would, they would," she gets worked up, her chest tightening in pain. She palms herself, annoyed that she was getting emotional again. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being like this."

"Don't apologize for that. If you wanna cry, cry. I'm right here," he lets her head. Suddenly he begins to tear up. "Geez, now I'm getting emotional." He sniffles rubbing his eyes.