Single Father

"Okay okay, you boys have your things right?" Junghyun calls out, frantically putting away the dishes, avoiding to hit the boys with them. They were running in and out of the cramped kitchen to grab snacks for their lunch.

"Yes!" Jin says as he finally wipes off the messed up eyeliner on Jimin. Everybody was standing near the door, ready to leave the small apartment and go to school. Junghyun checks if the A/C was off so the bill doesn't go up like it did last month.

"Alright lets go!" He has the kids run out the door, going down the apartment stairs to the car. Jung locks the door behind and running to the car, putting Jungkook's seatbelt on.

As they were going to the school, Junghyun puts in the CD as it played soft music with a gentle voice. Soo's voice to be exact. Jung's heart throbbed painfully, listening to her angelic voice sing beautifully.

"Papa? You okay?" Jimin asks, sensing something was wrong. They all stopped chattering in the car and looked at him.

"I'm fine boys, just tired," he fakes a yawn, not wanting to worry them. He looks ahead only to hear her giggle in the background of the music, his chest hurting more.

"Did you talk with Soohyun last night again, papa?" Namjoon asks. Junghyun tenses but slowly nods his head. "She sounded happy when she talked to you."

"Her laugh was pretty!" Hoseok joins in, smiling. "I hope we can meet her!"

Junghyun sighs sadly. "Yeah, maybe one day." He drives in front of the school as Namjoon gets out with Seokjin. "Okay now remember Jin, stay with him. And Namjoon let me know if someone messes with you."

They both nod as they leave the car, both pairs of twins having enough space to sit comfortably in the car. Junghyun drives to their school, stopping at the red light. "When does Soohyun look like papa?" Yoongi asks. "You always talk about her but you never show us any pictures of her!"

Junghyun stops thinking for a moment trying to process as he lowers the knob, lowering the music. In the car, it was just silence. Just silence. Not even Jungkook didn't say anything, no cooing, just silence. "Papa?" Taehyung wonders if he was okay. As they parked in front of the school, Junghyun laid his head against the steering wheel.

"You okay?" Hoseok asks climbing into the front seat to see Junghyun with watery eyes that were slowly becoming red. "Papa?"

He sniffles as he wipes his eyes with his wrist, showing them a weak smile. "You boys would've loved her. She was..the most beautiful woman you boys would've met," he looks at them, tears sliding down his cheeks.

"Really? Do you have a picture of her?" Jimin had his eyes widened, becoming slightly excited, attempting to think of what she looked like.

"She has this pretty brown hair and these brown eyes. And I know how original it sounds but she had this spark in her that just made every person who laid their eyes on her smile and feel happy. She was this beautiful pillar that would light up the room she stepped in," he reminisced, his finger tapping the steering wheel anxiously.

On the other hand, the kids had their eyes lit up, hearing how pretty she sounded. "Here, see for yourself," Jung take sour his wallet and pulls out a small picture of Soohyun smiling at the camera. She had parts of her brown hair flying in the wind, the sunlight on her face. She had red full lips with a contagious smile.

"This is Soohyun?" Taehyung says in bewilderment. They all stare at her in awe. "She's so pretty!" Junghyun smiles to himself remembering that night.

"Ok ok now, get out so you don't get late!" He jokingly shoos them as they climb out of the car and run into their school. Junghyun looks at the picture, still smiling sadly. He hums a song looking at Jungkook in his baby seat, with his old pacifier in his mouth.

"Jungie, Okay just one!" She giggles as she poses for the camera, smiling at him.

He sighs before starting the car and driving to work. He turns up the volume to hear Soo singing pretty melodies. "She sounds pretty papa," Jungkook murmurs as he waves his pacifier around. Jung chuckles to himself.

"Good night my loves," he finally kisses Jin's head after tucking all seven boys in bed. He turns on their crescent moon shaped night light before leaving their room.

Two hours passed as Namjoon suddenly wakes up, seeing Taehyung hold him around the waist. He quietly leaves the bed to get some water from the kitchen. Quietly he takes a cup from the cabinet and pours himself water, quietly drinking.

His koala ears twitched at the faint sound of something. Well more like muffled, it was only a two bedroom-two bathroom apartment they lived in. He tip toes towards the sound and peeks through Junghyun's door to see him in front of a computer and seeing a brunette on the screen speaking.

"I hope you like this Jungie since I know you have problems sleeping sometimes. And I know you love my singing and me being silly sometimes," she smiles seemingly towards him. She gets up and walks back towards the hair with a ukelele.

Junghyun has his hand through his auburn hair as if he wanted to rip it out. Namjoon sits down in front of the door, watching the video as well. Soo tunes the small instrument as she quietly hums to herself, testing out if it sounded right. "It's never tuned right," she mutters to herself, Jung chuckling.

Joonie's eyes widened as she sings. She was the same voice Papa always played. He leans in closer, the door creaking quietly. He gasps, immediately covering his mouth. Jung glances behind him and sees nothing, his attention back on the monitor to look at her.

"I'm such a creep," he mutters to himself, palming his face. "How come I'm not over you? Dammit!" He hits the keyboard, the screen shaking. He sighs in frustration, taking out his phone. Namjoon looks at the ground before attempting to back away only to trip and fall on his butt.

"Boys?" Junghyun calls out, looking up. He gets up as he opens the door to see the no one in the hallway. He checks the bathroom and sees no one in there either. Jung then opens the door to see if any of the boys were sleeping. Looking at the two pairs of bunk beds with two boys tucked, he checks to see them sleeping.

Namjoon pretends to sleep, attempting to snore. (Admit it, you pretended to be asleep when your mom checks on you when you're supposed to be asleep.) Junghyun looks over at Taehyung and notices he wasn't hugging Namjoon like he usually did.

"I know you're awake Joonie," he pokes his cheek. Namjoon tried to play it off, not reacting to the cheek pokes. "If you are awake, good night."

He kisses his forehead before closing the door behind him. He looks at his phone, sighing to himself. Jung walks to his room and locks it behind him, sliding against the door. He rests his head on his knees, feeling like crap, knowing Namjoon saw him completely weak and useless.

Junghyun looks at the computer to see Soo frozen on the screen with a small smile. He sighs deeply before throwing his phone on his bed, angry with himself. He goes towards the computer and shuts it off.

"Go to therapy tomorrow, go to therapy tomorrow," he repeats to himself, knowing if he keeps this up, he's going to stay in that Grand Canyon sized hole forever. He lays on his bed looking at the sent text on his phone before throwing it on his nightstand. He attempts to go to sleep.

{author-nim: don't worry, it's not real, only a cringey AU

{author-nim: don't worry, it's not real, only a cringey AU. I guess I'm practicing angst writing since I've been reading a lot lately. Ok so basically in this chapter, Soo passed a month after getting into a car accident w Jaewoon after Minhyuk's death; Junghyun can't get over it and adopts BTS. So yeahhh, I'm just doing an AU. Should I do random AUs every now and then in the story? Or make a BTS imagine book? 🤔}