Mother

Click-clack
Click-clack

Soo typed on the computer furiously as she tries to compare the improvements and increase of percentages throughout the last year and the year before.

Everyone else in the building were either in meetings, sharing their work to see if correct, or just being d*ckhead towards others. Soo's mind wondered elsewhere as to either make for dinner or order takeout.

As she turns to the bottom of her screen to check the time, it was now her lunch break. She stretches, hearing her bones pop. She gets up to go to the small convenience store. As a way to have some time for themselves, Soo and Junghyun go on small lunch dates where they either eat at the store or at a restaurant.

While taking her leave, she notices a woman walk in, looking around. Immediately blinded by the obviously expensive pearl earrings the woman had on, Soo chose to ignore her.

Down in the lobby she sees a Junghyun in his officer uniform, scrolling through his phone. She runs to him, her heels giving her away. "Jungie!" He stands as she jumps into his arms. "Your day been decent so far?"

"It got better when I saw you," He kisses her cheek. "And you." He pokes her stomach, making her roll her eyes before smiling.

"Lets just go. Convenience store?"

"Definitely." As they left the building they saw a fancy BMW in front, surrounded by men in suits. Soo blatantly ignores it while Junghyun worried a bit but hid it. They started walking to the store as they looked around, debating on tteokbokki or spicy ramen.

"Anything happen btw?" Soo gives him a look.

"How-Why would you say it like that?" She lets out a small laugh. "And 'btw', I saw this lady with these expensive pearl earrings before I left the floor. It was kind of like she was the CEO or something."

"And you booked outta there, I presume?"

"Yes. You know I can't handle expensive stuff like that," she feeds him a piece of the tteokbokki. "Having a lotta money is good at times because you can keep up with payments and bills and not worry, unless you waste on expensive crap or be a selfish bastard."

"Hear, hear."

A sudden random thought comes in Soo's mind, an eyebrow raised. "Junghyun. How come you don't talk about your parents?"

You would've thought she said Voldemort judging by the reactions he showed. His soda came out of his nose as he coughs violently. Soo pats his back as a way of comfort. "Jesus my nose is burning!" He fans himself. (I know from experience.)

"I-I'm sorry. I should-shouldn't have asked about it. I just thought since you know so much about my family, I just ki-kinda wondered," she clutches the cup of her food. "Sorry."

"No," he coughs again. "I'm fine, it's fine. I am gonna admit that you really caught me off guard with that question."

"I can tell by the soda shooting out of your nose."

"Look, I don't like talking about my mom or my dad for reasons," he looks elsewhere, not wanting to look at her. "But the basic concept is that they were waayyyy too busy with their company that they just handed me to my grandma. Y'know since they considered me a 'burden'. Their words, not mine."

"Im sure they meant well. You know about me. I had to stay with my grandparents when I was younger since my ma and pa had to work on their money situation."

"Oh that's right. You were once a country girl now here you are as the daughter of one of the famous chefs in the country and a fashion mogul."

To make him shut up, she just shoved another piece of food into his mouth. "Choke, bitch."

~

"Ms. Ahn!" She internally groaned in annoyance before faking a smile and walking to the boss's secretary who then led her to a meeting room. There was her pacifist boss and the lady with pearl earrings.

"Um, what's going on?"

"Hi there. You probably don't know me but I'm sure you know my son? Choi Junghyun?" The woman said who walked to her, too close for comfort.

"What?" Soo blurts out, confused.

"Oh he goes by Jin Junghyun, doesn't he? Anyways I'm Choi Jinsoul, his mother."

Imagine meeting your significant other's parents for the first time; you would be nervous and worried about being presentable, right? And not to mention, one of the richest CEOs who happens to be your significant other's mother, damn you'd be in the grave by this time.

All those feelings are now surging through Soo's body as her palms became sweaty. "Ch-Choi....Ji-Jins-soul..." Soo inhaled deeply then exhales. She began to worry to her figure, realizing she looked plump (or thiqqq) in front of this slim woman. Then again she could just blame the pregnancy...or not.

"I heard you were dating my son for about a year correct?"

"I-I," Soo felt like have a nervous breakdown cause 1: her boss was in the room and she sure didn't as hell want him hearing her personal life and 2: Jungie's mother is quite literally in her face, invading her personal space. "Would-Would you mind..s-stepping out for a m-moment with me pl-please?" She stuttered horribly.

They left the room as Soo attempted to start but froze. It felt like public speaking except it was just in front of one woman. She exhales to calm her nerves. "Ms-"

"Mrs. Choi," she corrected her, Soo immediately getting annoyed. Note: cutting her off is her pet peeve.

"Mrs. Choi, look. As much as I appreciate you stopping by, would-would you mind leaving? I don't mean any bad intentions, it's just," she glances at the cubicles, thinking her coworkers were listening. "I'm at work and it would be best if we could meet and talk afterwards. I'm sure you under-understand as a businesswoman yourself."

...

"YOUR MOTHER IS CHOI JINSOUL?!" Soo screamed into the phone. After persuading the Jinsoul to leave the building, Soo booked it to the restrooms and immediately called Junghyun.

She heard him curse on the other line. "Maybe? Yeah, she is. It's-It's not a big deal."

"You really think that having one of the richest woman as your mother isn't a big deal? And it seems extremely convenient that she knew I was dating you and knew where I worked? Have you been talking to her recently?"

"Yes? Was it a bad idea to?" Junghyun asks nervously.

With a sigh, she rubs her eyes. "It's not, it's just...Jesus Christ, she was just really intimidating and it was just overwhelming. I really thought I was gonna have a panic attack. How come you never told me about your parents? I mean we only talked about them half an hour ago but."

"I...generally don't talk about them mostly because I knew what people would do if they found out. Either try and be my 'friend' or just compare me. That's why I kinda asked my grandma back then if she could change my name so it never happened."

Soo clicks her tongue before combing her hair back. "Jungie, I might've done something stupid by the way."

Nervously he asks "And that would be?"

"I agreed that we have dinner with them."