Meeting Again

She stared at the mirror, fixing herself up. Her blonde hair was in a bun as her bangs covered her forehead. "Why the heck am I getting dolled up again?" She says to herself, looking at  her reflection.

Soo really wants to go with Jung but it'd be rude to stand someone up, knowing that feeling. She stands as she adjusts the thin black belt around her waist. Going down the stairs, Joon bumps into her before frowning. "NO!"

"Joonie, whats wrong?" She bends down to his level.

"NO! You and Jungie were supposed to go on a date! Not you and Other Man!" He furrows his brows angrily.

"No yelling, Kim Namjoon..you know better than to yell or scream at me," she gives him a serious look. "Look I know it's not what you had in mind but I don't want to stand him up."

"Tell Aunt Mi-nee that you don't wanna do it," he tugs at her dress. "Go with Jungie!"

"I will. Just not now, honey," she kisses his head. "I'll be back. Jung is gonna watch you guys until Auntie Mimi comes by." As she goes down the stairs, she notices her little tiger frowning and his arms crossed, glaring at the floor. "Taehyung?"

He stayed silent, refusing to answer. "Sweetie, I know you're mad but you can't stay mad forever," she tells him.

"You said you weren't gonna break your promise..you broke it.." he mutters to her. She sighs petting his head.

"Honey I swear I will, okay? Just not now, okay?" She tried her best to reassure him. "Tae?"

He didn't say anything else, he just stayed still. Soo sighs before kissing his head. "I'll be back."

She exits the house as she walks to her car. Turning on the car, she backs out of the driveway before driving north to that fancy restaurant.

~

Immediately after walking in, she regrets coming. There was an extremely large chandelier in the ceiling above. There was velvet everywhere, white tables, napkins folded into swans, and expensive food being served. She groans internally.

"Pardon me, madam. The name for your reservation," the tall bald server asks. She did her best to remain calm since one: he sounded absolutely snobby and two: his honker reminded her of a bird's beak.

"I think..Ahn Soo-hyun?" She guessed.

"Right this way," he says as he leads her to her table. She overheard people judging her outfit or guessing who she was. Frankly, she was terrified that someone from back then might remember her or her dad.

"Here you are ma'am." He hands her their menu. She opens it and was ready to faint because the prices were extremely high. She wished there was coupons for this place.

"Hey there," a man came towards her with a smile. "Aren't you Jeong-ja's daughter? I'm pretty sure you're...Soo-hyun, right?"

She calmly shakes her head. "No. I don't know that woman."

"Oh sorry for interrupting." He gets up and leaves. She sighs, regretting. Of course people would remember her mother. Of course, she thought.

"Soo?" She turns her head and her heart drops.

"J..Jaewoon?" Soo stands up, holding her purse. "What are you doing here?"

"For my blind date. Are you my blind date?" He asks her, confused. Soo was ready to kill Mi-nee for setting her up with that man that stood across from her.

"No, I'm not..I'm not doing this. I'm leaving," she started to walk but he grabbed her arm. "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!" She yells at him, flinching at his touch. Everyone stopped eating, hearing her yell.

"Soo. I-I'm sorry. It's just..I-I haven't seen you in so long. How are you holding up?" He asks her so kindly. She knew what he was trying to do: make her look like the crazy one. She felt like crying, recalling memories of Min-hyuk, recalling him cheating on her.

"I..I'm fine," she replies quietly, still backing away slowly. "I'm leaving." She makes her way out of the restaurant as fast as possible. She reaches into her purse and takes out her phone, dialing Jung's number. Unlocking her car, she hops in.

While the phone tried to make a connection, Soo palms her face. She then hits the steering wheel, ready to scream. "Hello? Soo, you okay? What happened?" Jung bombed her with questions.

"Can we go together? Please?" She pleads him, her voice cracking. "I'll tell you, okay?"

"Okay. You coming back? Or do you wanna go to the street market and just walk around?" He suggests, knowing she loved walking in the market.

"Market. Definitely market. Meet me there," she says.

"Okay. Bye." Before he hangs up, she does first. She stayed silent for a moment, looking through the front window. People walked up and down the sidewalk, their day normal. Then she notices there were hybrids that followed some of them, wearing collars around their necks.

She remembered how Min would usually ask when he could have a hybrid as a sibling. He always saw them as amazing and cool creatures, calling them superheroes because they did their best to make people happy.

She closed her eyes for a moment and remembered that day. That day when she wanted a divorce and never have to deal with that man. She changed the locks but he broke in and tried to take his stuff back with those pricks of friends; she came home early that day and Soo had the worst breakdown. She used his golf clubs and broke every piece of glass, cursing him out and screaming at him for wasting 10 years of her life.

She exhales a shaky sigh, a tear falling down. "Don't cry, Soo-hyun..Don't cry," She told herself trying to be strong and not cry. "You're okay. You're...o..kay." Her lips quiver as she held back the tears.

"You're stronger than this, Soo-hyun. You're only 23 and you've been through a lot. That's fine, life has its way," she talked to herself, voice cracking. "You're so much stronger than this. You have seven beautiful boys, you need to be strong for them. You have seven beautiful little boys. Think of them. Think about how much you love them."

Swallowing the lump in her throat, she then puts the car into drive.