Loss

A few months have passed, it being November. Their first anniversary was in eight days, them both excited but nervous about what to do. It could be going out on a date and if they were lucky enough, they could share a scarf like those anime couples would do on a snowy day. Honestly, Junghyun prayed for it to snow cause he loves getting cuddles from Soo whenever it's cold.

Soo grew, not in her physique but her mental state. She started to feel more confident in her skills at her job, her abilities as a mother, and as a lover. She was more outgoing and would usually mess with the kids and spoil them (not too much cause entitlement is a big no-no).

"Nuuuuu!" Jungkook whines as he shakes the beanie off, it irritating his bunny ears. Jungkook was now able to speak more and grew taller, same height as Jimin (2'7").

"Honey you have to!" Soo makes a face at him. "If your bubbas have to wear them so do you."

"It hurts my ears!" He whines, motioning the fact his ears have to fold. Soo rolls her eyes as she searches for scissors. She finds them and cuts two holes in the beanie, placing it in Jungkook's head, ears sticking out.

"Better?" She asks him, just as Namjoon jumps off the last two steps, Hera smiling behind him.

"Grandmama gonna like the tarts we made, mommy?" Kookie asks as he tries to jump on the counter to get the container that had the melon tarts they made yesterday.

"If your great grandma gives us the melons all the way from Gwangju, I'm sure grandma will love it," Soo smiles, recalling when her grandparents visited them out of nowhere over the summer.

"She smelled like cinnamon," Taehyung recalls. "And-And great grandpa smelled like-"

"Watermelons!" Hoseok finished his sentence. "Can we visit Gwangju when school's over Eomma?"

"Of course," Soo smiles sweetly. "Hera where's your beanie?"

"But I have earmuffs. Is that okay, Auntie?" Hera points out the fluffy violet earmuffs. Soo smiles.

"Yeah it's fine. Junghyun lets go! We don't wanna be late, babe!" Soo calls out to him as she takes them out to the car. They sold their old van and purchased a bigger one for the time being since Hera's now living with them.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Jung walks down as he adjusts his jacket, engulfed by its warmth.

"Uncle looks so cool!" Hera glows, seeing how badass he looked. Jung smiles.

"I have been complimented by the queen herself!" Jung swoons, faking a heart attack. "My heart cant take it!!"

They all laugh at his silliness, Soo wearing a wide smile of pure happiness. "C'mon lets go before those teachers yell at you for being tardy."

"We have to make those chicken nuggets again!" Hera jumps, looking at Namjoon and Jin. "We can tell Auntie and Uncle that we could do dinner tonight!"

They both smile at how happy their friend was. "Maybe," Jin pokes his broccoli before shoving it into Namjoon's mouth who was ready to bite into his burrito.

Namjoon spat it out, whining. "What the heck hyung?!" He wipes his tongue with a napkin, trying to wipe out the taste.

"Stop being dramatic," Jin smiles.

"Not a big fan of broccoli, stupid!" Namjoon whines, his koala ears moving furiously. Hera giggles.

"Has your mommy called you?" Jin asks. Hera still had her smile but it grew small.

"No. Auntie said she hasn't called her back since I started living with you guys," she replies. "It doesn't bother me though. I know mommy's just busy."