Min-hyuk

It was now July and it was starting to get warmer. Jin was braiding Hera's hair and surprisingly he was good at it. Namjoon and Yoongi were playing tic-tac-toe, Joonie wining most of the matches. Taehyung, Jimin, and Hoseok were messing with Soo's Polaroid camera.

They took a picture of Jin and Hera, smiling at them. Hera saw the flash and immediately covered her face. "That's not fair! I wasn't ready! Do it again when Jin's done braiding my hair," embarrassment was in her voice.

"No, you still pretty in the picture," Jimin remarked, seeing the almost-developed picture. "See?" He shows her the pic. She just scrunches her nose.

"I am not," she crosses her arms. Mi-nee walks in the room with a worried look. "What's wrong mommy? Is it Auntie Soo?"

"Yeah, honey. Just don't bother her for today," she tells the little girl who was also worried.

"Are we gonna visit Min-hyuk?" She asks her.

"Who's Min-Hyuk?" Yoongi asks her, raising a brow. Mi-nee stayed silent for a minute, worried that Soo might hear since she's upstairs.

"He was Soo's other son before she adopted you boys. It's not my place to say to talk about him though so she'll talk about him sooner or later."

"Where did he go?" Taehyung asks, tilting his head in confusion. "We never see him."

Mi-nee blinked, realizing she has no idea how to explain it. "What are you boys talking about?" Soo asks as she walks down the stairs. Her eyes were pinkish, almost red.

"You okay, Soo?" She nods, sniffling.

"I'm good. Just tired. Y'know he called me and asked if I was doing okay.." Soo's voice trailed off as she walks to the kitchen to cook food for the boys.

"Mommy, who's Min-hyuk?" Namjoon asks. Soo tenses up at the name. "Mommy?"

"It..He would've been your brother but he..went away," Soo palms her face, rubbing her eyes. "He's in the clouds but he can't come and see me anymore."

"We can go on an airplane and we can see him!" Hoseok suggested, making Soo chuckle weakly.

"Why is he in the clouds?" Taehyung asks, ears dropping.

"His daddy and my sister, Auntie Sun-Hye, didn't watch him when he was taking a bath so..he flew to the clouds and he can't come down," Soo exhaled a shaky breath. "You boys would've loved him. He loved hybrids as much as Hera does."

"When he comes down, I wanna be friends with him!" Jin says happily. "How old is he?"

"He passed away last year when he was two. Today's his third birthday." Mi-nee walks over to Soo, hugging her. Soo hugs back, tearing up. "I wish he was here."

"Don't cry mommy," Yoongi says as he walks over to her and hugs her leg. "Don't cry." Then all the boys and Hera run over and hug Soo who was now sobbing. There was silence between all of them except for Soo's quiet sobs.

"I wish he was here," she whispered. She remembered when she came home to find her husband and her sister together. She remembered the horror when she saw Min-hyuk floating. She remembered she screamed at them, screamed for help. She remembered everything so vividly.

Of course, though she misses her son very much, she has her boys now. Soo could never forget Min-hyuk but she still loves him as much as she loves the seven beautiful hybrids.

~

Soo was laying down in the living room holding Jungkook in her arms. He was smiling at Cooky who was pranking RJ with Shooky.

"He's funny mommy!" He cooed.

"I know baby. Just like you," she smiled at her baby boy. She runs her fingers through his surprisingly fluffy black hair. Kookie's bunny ears went up and down, he giggling.

"Stawp!" He nibbles on her fingers. She lets him since it didn't really hurt.

"Can't believe my baby is gonna turn a year old in two months! And my other baby is gonna turn 7!" She glances at Namjoon who looks up from his drawing, hearing her say 'other baby'.

He excitedly jumps up and shows her a drawing. "Look, Eomma! I drew us!" He smiles proud of his work.

Soo looks at the paper. She was holding Jungkook in her arms. Taehyung and Jimin were holding hands with Hosoek. Yoongi was a black cat laying on Jin's head. Then her heart drops when she sees Namjoon holding hands with a boy with brown hair; he had wings and a halo above his head.

"Baby, who is that?" She points at the winged little boy.

"That's Min-hyuk. I saw his picture in-in the album and I drew him for you. He's still part of the family, right?" He asks, wanting to be reassured.

She trailed her fingers over the drawing of Min-hyuk. Slowly she smiled sadly. "He'll always be a part with this family. No matter what. You understand, Joonie?" She cups his cheeks, that sad smile still on her face. He nods at her before flashing the cutest smile on his face, his dimples showing.

[Author-nim: Writers block was at its finest folks. I was intending on publishing this on my birthday but welp, I was busy 🤦🏽‍♀️. I hope you guys liked this even though it was a little sad and bittersweet. If I made you sad, here's something for you. Love you 💜]

 Love you 💜]