Conversation

Soo was laying in bed, holding the snoring Jungkook in her arms. She felt restless, seeing him again. Memories of them when they were younger flashed back, even though she wasn't even that old yet. She felt like she was becoming insomniac again. She quietly sighs.

"You're better than this, Soo..." she tried to persuade herself. She looked down at the snoring bunny in her arms before kissing his head. "They matter...not him. Don't think about it."

She tries to sleep but her brain didn't let her. Insert unnecessary thoughts to keep you awake. She sits up slowly, not trying to drop Kookie. Soo stands as she leaves him in the middle of the bed, walking quietly out of the room.

Her feet dragged her outside where there was that summer breeze she liked. She looked around the backyard for a moment, the pool was glimmering underneath the moon. The pool was littered with the summer flowers that fell from the neighbors tree.

The stars couldn't be seen that well since there were the annoying streetlights that made that unnecessary buzz. She sat on the chair, combing her hair back.

Soo hung her head before irrationally throwing her chair into the pool, which made a loud splash. Furrowing her brows angrily, she heard the sliding door open. She turns her head to see Jung wearing sweats and a tank top. "Hey, you alright?"

She nods before sitting beside the pool. He walks towards her before sitting. "Guessing...Jaewoon?" She glares at him but he could tell there was that hint of sadness in her eyes. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, not looking at her.

"I..sort of get it. Seeing your ex could make you think of those dumb memories you guys had about the dates, the anniversaries, the gifts, and whatnot." Soo stayed silent; she just let her legs dangle in the flower-dirtied water. "I only had one relationship but she was an a-hole. But I learned from it."

"Learned what?" She laid her head on his shoulder.

"I deserve someone who would treat me the way I want to be treated. That girl...what's her name? Ha-eun, Yeah. She would call me names or accuse me of cheating on her or just flat out be rude towards me and reeally superficial."

"Ja Ha-eun, you dated her? Oh my gosh, Jung. Of all girls, you dated her?" She held back a snicker.

"It was a mistake yeah. I saw her when I was in the police academy. She tried to get back with me and it was hilarious turning her down because she was being whining baby," he chuckles. Soo smiles.

"Jaewoon was my childhood best friend..he meant everything to me but when Min-hyuk was born, damn. I fell in love with that little boy. He was the cutest thing ever. He surprisingly looked more like me than he did with Jaewoon."

Jung notices that she didn't use the nickname she had for Jaewoon. He expected her to since they've been separated for only a year.

"Then there was college and then my job. I managed to fit all of that into my schedule while taking care of Min."

"I remember that. I remember you visiting me when I was in the academy and you had Min in the baby holder. You looked like a mess!" He laughs recalling the memory. She laughs as well.

"Isn't it weird now? I lost Min last year but a few months ago, I'm taking care of seven little hybrids...Gosh damn it. I love those boys too much. Augh, I don't wanna put them in school!" She whines.

"You're gonna have to."

"I know but seriously, I'm gonna have to put them in three different schools since I have a 8 year old, 6 year old, two twins that are only a year apart, and I have to take care of Jungkook who's turning 1 in September. I have to balance  them and my work because if they find out my kids are actually going to school, they're going to ask me to come to work and tell me not to work from home."

"You do know you could just ask me or Mi-nee to help you out." Soo gives him a look.

"You are a police officer who is working how many hours? 12-13 hours? Mimi owns a shop and has a daughter and her mother to take care of. That would be really messed up to ask you guys to help when you have your own life," Soo shakes her head, refusing help.

"I'm 25 years old, woman. And I've been working as an officer for about 5-6 years and you've been my friend since we were 16. I'm willingly going to help you with your kids that I also care about," Jung says before pushing her. She falls into the pool, splashing.

"You...are an asshole," she spat out water at him. He laughs at her. Soo felt embarrassed that her hair was littered with either beautiful or withered flowers, her shirt was somewhat transparent.

"Thank you, Soju." She threw the nearby pool noodle at his face.

"Don't call me that!" She blushes furiously. She throws another one, upset that he ruined the heartfelt conversation they had by pushing her in. "You are a complete idiot. You play too much."

"Sorry." Honestly Jung felt like his stomach had too much butterflies and that he might do something he might regret. He thought he was messed up for using the kids to get somewhat close to her. He felt guilty.

Soo splashes him before swimming her way out  of the pool, water dripping off of her. "Thanks for the conversation, turd," she made a small smirk, kicking him in.

~

"That's it," Taehyung peeked out the window. He looked at Hoseok and Jimin and Yoongi. "We're gonna set them up!"