Sisters (2)

Soo and Sun walk into a room that had scattered toys, an odd shaped rocket ship painted on one wall but the others depicted the galaxy. Soo looks around sighing sadly. She puts her hand on the rocket, remembering that day when she and Minhyuk painted the room. He was laughing because his overalls were splattered with paint.

"You..haven't change it," Sun murmurs as she looks at the bed. She began to tear up, covering her mouth.

"Why would I? With seven rooms, I'm going to keep this one just the way it was supposed to be," she looks at her sister. "What's so important that we have to talk privately? You know I'm close to just punching your face nowadays."

Sun sits on the floor, holding her hand to make it stop shaking. "I'm...sorry about that day. When I came back for money after Mom and Dad cut me off, I joked about Minhyuk taking all of them. And I'm sorry because I know it's a sensitive topic and I don't blame you entirely for hating me right now."

"What happened, huh? On that day when..Min died, how come you didn't watch him? Why? Why did you sleep with Jaewoon of all people?" Soo's once firm voice began to crack, clenching her fists. "Why him? You knew we were married."

"I don't remember."

"What the hell do you mean you don't remember? How the hell do you not remember?!" Soo raises her voice. Sun flinches as she has tears.

"You remember that time we went to the party and you found me in that bedroom? Two months before you found out you were pregnant?"

"Why are you bringing that up now?" Soo glares at her sister.

"I don't remember that night but I had nightmares. Flashbacks about me with someone on top of me..It was Jae," she looks at Soo with tears in her eyes. Soo stops and looks at her sister, the thought not processing. "That's why whenever you brought Jae home, I would always avoid him and make little talk with him. And you never noticed."

"So what? He took advantage of you?" Soo hardens her glare at her sister. "Are you trying to blame it on him? The entire blame on him?"

"A MONTH AFTER THAT I FOUND OUT I GOT PREGNANT BY HIM! HE FOUND OUT AND TOLD ME TO ABORT IT BEFORE YOU FOUND OUT! AND I..I ABORTED!" Sun yells at her. "ON THE SAME DAY WHEN MINHYUK DIED, THE SAME THING HAPPENED! I DONT REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED EXCEPT I WAS IN BED WITH HIM AGAIN!"

"YOU'RE SUCH A LIAR, SUNHYE! STOP TRYING MAKE THAT SORT OF EXCUSE TO JUSTIFY WHAT YOU DID!" Soo screamed, ready to punch Sun across her face.

"WHY DO YOU THINK I DRANK AND SMOKED AFTER THAT PARTY? WHY DO YOU THINK I AVOIDED YOU WHENEVER YOU SAID JAEWOON WAS GONNA BE THERE? WHY DO YOU THINK I WANTED TO LET MINHYUK DIE? I LOVED THAT LITTLE BOY LIKE HE WAS MY OWN KID!" Sun screamed at her shaking Soo violently.

"He came home early when I was giving Minhyuk a bath and he gave me a drink. Next thing I know is that I was in bed with him and that Minhyuk drowned. You were screaming at us and screaming that Minhyuk was dead.." Sun was sobbing. "I should've known better than to take that damn drink.. I should've.."

"What I say now won't ever bring him back. I know that for sure. I loved Minhyuk. He looked so much like you, more than Jaewoon. I wanted to protect that little boy. That's why after you adopted the little boys and you said I'm a bad influence on them, I-I wanted to change. I thought I might have another chance to make it right."

"Sunhye," Soo freezes as Sun hugs her tightly.

"I know what I did is my fault. I know that everything I say won't make it better, won't bring Minhyuk from the dead. It won't bring back his smile, it won't bring back his little laughs. As much as I want my nephew back he won't. I know this sounds like a stupid soap opera right now but don't forgive me."

"Sunhye why..why would you keep that away from me? We're sisters," Soo barely managed to say that, tears falling off of her cheeks.

"Why else? He was your boyfriend then your husband. He was the father of your kid. Anything I would've said would have resulted in you believing I had a crush on him or me wanting to break you up," Sun was still hugging her sister.

"Sunhye..you're such an idiot. You should've told me!" She sobs, hitting Sun's head.

"I couldn't. Don't forgive me but at least let me try to make it up for it. Let me try and help you around with the kids. I know you and Junghyun work long hours. I have a job as a waitress and I live in a halfway house at the moment. I'm getting better," Sun rests her head on Soo's shoulder. "And It's fine if you still don't trust me with any of your kids. I understand."

"You're my little sister, you know. I'm supposed to protect you but at the same time I'm a mom, I have to protect them. I failed as a sister..I'm so sorry," Soo wipes her eyes.

"Don't apologize for what he did. You're the best sister Soo. I know what happened to me back then doesn't justify what I did. I should've known better than to trust Jaewoon. I f*cked up bad when I did. I never ever meant to hurt you," Sun looks at Soo with red eyes and a puffy face. She wipes Soo's tears with a slight smile. "You don't have to let me take care of them. I can visit every once in awhile if you let me."

"Sunhye I don't trust you with them at all and I don't believe I'll ever forgive you for what happened to Minhyuk. And letting you try to make it up to me is terrifying because I don't know if it will happen again. But I can say that if you do visit, you're gonna have to have help from either Mi-nee or Junghyun whenever I'm not around."

"SooSoo, I thought you would be more angry with me. Then again you're that sympathetic and kind type."

"Shut up idiot. You should've told me you had an abortion. Look," Soo walks out of the room for a moment, going through her room. Sunhye looks at the small bedroom and sees a smiling picture of Soo with Minhyuk. She picks it up and looks at the little boy.

"Minnie, I hope you're okay honey. I'm sorry Auntie wasn't a good Auntie," she sniffles. Sunhye curls into a fetal position feeling ashamed. She quietly cries to herself, knowing she shouldn't belong in this family. She was scared of screwing up again and going back into the habit of smoking and drinking again.

"Sunhye, her-Hey whats wrong?" Soo walks in with a card.

"Nothing. I'm just...fine. I'm fine sis, okay?" Sun looks up at her wiping her eyes. "I'm gonna get going. Thanks for the food and for listening to me." Soo hands her a card. "What's this?"

"My therapist. I talk to her twice a month and she's really good. I've been doing it for almost two years," Soo pats her sister's back. "You can talk to her about that stuff okay? I'm not qualified but she is. And if you think it over, I think you could press charges against Jaewoon."

Sunhye widens her eyes in disbelief. "You-You believe me? I thought I thought-"

"You, Sunhye, are a complete idiot. You think I thought you made it up? You're my screwed up little sister and you lie about not doing this and that but you being taken advantage of? No way in hell would you lie about that. So as your older sister, I suggest you talk it over and decide if you want to have Jaewoon locked up okay? And don't worry, I got your back."

"You're being too nice dummy. You don't have to pretend that you like me or that you wanna support me, but thanks anyways. I'll see you later," Sun waves at her before walking out the room.

Soo stays in there before putting her hair up. She couldn't believe that her ex was capable of doing that. Then again he was a liar and a cheater. "I should've been a better sister," she mutters to herself.

"You two done yelling at each other?" Junghyun walks in. Soo nods before hugging him. "You two on better terms?"

"Sort of. Jungie, do a background check on Jaewoon and see if he had any other allegations against him whether it be minor or major. I wanna know how many others he hurt other than Sunnie."