5

3rd POV

Warning:Panic attack description. I'll  tell you when its over

Tony felt like the walls were closing in on him. Peter was the person he cared about the most well next to Pepper but he couldn't bare the thought of losing him.

"Fuck, not again, not again, fuck fuck fuck," Tony thought as he started to hyperventilate. He felt a bit dizzy and he sat down on the couch in his lab trying to catch his breath.

Friday saw what was happening and alerted Pepper. She didn't even bother asking Tony because she knew that he would say no but he obviously needed assistance.

Pepper was fast asleep when she was awoken by the AI.

"I'm sorry to disturb your slumber Miss Potts but it appears that boss is experiencing a severe panic attack in his lab right now," Friday said and that was all it took for her to run out of bed and to Tony's lab.

"Tony, copy my breathing," she said as she tried to calm him down.

"In and out, in and out," she said, her voice providing comfort to him.

"You're ok, it's going to be fine, I'm right here," she said. Eventually his breathing returned to normal and she gave him a glass of water.

"What happened?" She asked worriedly.

"Its nothing Pep, I'm fine, I'm sorry that Friday disturbed you," Tony said before Pepper cut him off.

"That was not nothing Tony! Tell me what's wrong?" Pepper asked concerned.

"I- Can we talk in the morning please, I could really use a hug right now," Tony admitted as they walked to their room.

"Don't think that you're getting out of this conversation," Pepper said sternly and he nodded.

Trigger over

Tony woke up at around noon the next day and Pepper had already left to go to the office.

He skipped breakfast or well lunch and settled on coffee.

"Boss, I have a match with Peter's DNA," Friday announced much to Tony's surprise. He was sure that it would take at least a few days.

"Ok thanks Fri, could you tell Pete to meet me in the lab now, please?" Tony asked heading to the lab.

This was the moment of truth. Peter had came into the lab asking why Tony called him.

"Friday found your father," Tony said and he couldn't help but smile when Peter smiled.

"Really? I thought you said it would take a few days? What's his name?" Peter asked excitedly.

"I thought so too but I guess he's closer than we expected. I didn't find out his name yet, I was waiting on you. When you're ready kiddo," Tony said.

"Friday can you tell me his name?" Peter asked. Anxiety and excitement flooded through his veins.

"Of course Peter, the name of your father is Anthony Edward Stark," Friday announced causing both their hearts to skip a beat.

"What? Is she malfunctioning?" Peter asked. He was confused, there was no way Tony could be his father. Right?

"I can assure you Peter, I'm functioning properly, I've run the scan multiple times and it's a match. If you don't believe me you can run a DNA test for confirmation," Friday said.

"Do you, do you want to do the test kid?" Tony asked. He was hoping that this wasn't a dream because if it was  he  never wanted to wake up.

"Yeah, just. Just in case. I don't  want to get my hopes up for nothing," Peter said.