47

Tony and Steve were roughly pushed back into the first room that they were locked in. They were both battered and bruised. It was obvious that neither of them gave the Hydra agents the information that they desired.

By then they found the comm in Steve's ear and destroyed it so all they could do was hope that Nat and Clint had gotten their location and were on their way before they were moved again.

"Are you ok?" Steve asked.

"Yeah Rogers, I'm totally fine, it's not like I have blood running down my face or anything like that and it's not like I have a sharp pain in my muscles that is making me feel like someone is stabbing me every time I move and it's definitely not like I have been kidnapped and I may never see my son or fiancee ever again so yeah I am okay!' Tony responded sarcastically.

"Well, this never would have happened if you had obeyed my orders and waited for backup," Steve pointed out.

"And risk the mission, no way! Besides since when have you not risked your life when you don't have any backup but there is a problem?" Tony asked.

"It was a stupid move okay! In this situation, if we had died it wouldn't have prevented anything, instead the team would have just lost two of its members!" Steve said defensively.

''Yeah so what is going on? The Steve Rogers that I know would never talk like that," Tony said. It was a very important mission and if the agents had realized that their delivery of the weapons had been rigged they could have contacted the transporters in time and who knew what would have happened then?

"Nothing is going on, I'm just being realistic, " Steve said.

" Steve, I've known you for years now, I can tell that something is on your mind and we're going to be here a while so you might as well tell me,'' Tony said.

"It's stupid," Steve replied with a sigh.

''Humor me,'' Tony said.

"It's just that if something happens to us, Peter would be devastated, he almost lost you a few days ago and if something happens to anyone of us on a mission, I know that his heart will be broken. He's been through a lot and all the kid ever wanted was a family, something that I nearly destroyed for him on the battlefield that day and he doesn't deserve to lose any more of the people that he cares about. We shouldn't put our lives in unnecessary danger like fighting people with high tech weapons.'' Steve said.

''And that is only part of the reason why you wanted to wait for backup, now are you going to tell me the other part or am I going to have to force it out of you?'' Tony asked knowingly.

''There is nothing else to say,'' he tried to lie but Tony wasn't having it.

''You have to talk out your feelings Steve, it's not healthy for you to have them bottled up inside all the time!'' Tony retorted

''I'm scared okay! I'm scared that something is going to wrong and a hundred years from now someone is going to pull me out of the ice and tell me that everyone I've known before is gone again. I've only had one person who I could have counted on before and that was Bucky, then I lost Peggy, she meant so much to me Tony but I left her, I don't regret my decision of saving the world but I wish that I could have gotten that dance with her, now I have a family, more than one or two people who I can rely on and now I have Nat. I really love her and I don't want to lose her, I can't do anything knowing that I'm not going to see her ever again, I know that it's selfish but I just want a happy life," Steve admitted trying not to let tears flow from his eyes.

''It's not selfish at all, I know how you feel. When I first became iron man, it didn't matter what happened, I had no one who truly cared about me but I have a family now, and the reason why I didn't mind putting myself at risk is because if I had allowed those weapons to get into the wrong hands who knows where it would have been transported to? And Spiderman, he doesn't know how to stay out of trouble, chances are he would end up fighting someone who has one of those weapons," Tony said.