35

3rd POV
Eventually, May had to get back to the hospital for her night shift leaving Pepper with a few comforting words.

"It will be fine. Peter is a fighter," she said before she went downstairs to meet Happy who would take her back to work.

The tower was silent. Friday had luckily called someone to clean the mess that Tony and Steve had made and they already had a new tv.

Tony, Steve, Nat and Clint had all been allowed to leave the med bay but they were supposed to be taking rest in their rooms.

Tony had snuck down to the lab to drown himself with work so he wouldn't think of his current situation.

Steve felt a bit guilty for what he told Tony, he knew that what he said wasn't true at all and he owed Tony an apology.

''Friday, where is Tony?" Steve asked.

"Boss is currently in his lab but I don't think that it's a good idea to disturb him, I'm detecting high levels of anger in him," Friday said and Steve sighed.

Should he go talk to Tony? Or should he wait until he cools down? But knowing Tony, he may never cool down.

Tony was in his lab trying to hammer a nail down when he accidentally hit his finger.

"Fuck!'' Tony screeched in pain.

Pepper was currently in the living room with Natasha and Clint. They were sitting there in silence.

"Miss Potts, it seems as though that boss has injured himself," Friday said.

"Oh God! Where is he? What did he do?" Pepper asked worriedly.

"Boss is currently in his lab and he has injured his finger with a hammer,'' Friday responded and Pepper wanted to facepalm. She had probably asked Tony about a hundred times to stay in bed but he could never listen to her. She angrily stomped down to his lab with Clint and Natasha following her.

"Tony, for the love of God, you better have a good explanation for why you aren't in bed right now!" Pepper yelled.

''I'm hurt," Tony said with a pout hoping to distract Pepper from her anger.

'' Well, you wouldn't be hurt if you had stayed in bed as I asked you too,"  Pepper said with a sigh and got the first aid box.

Tony winced as she cleaned the cut," It hurts," he said with a pout.

"You literally got shot today!"Pepper said exasperatedly.

''Yeah, but that was different!" Tony complained.

"I can't believe you right now! You are going to get your ass in bed right now and you will not get up unless you need to use the bathroom or God help me you will be in so much trouble!" Pepper yelled.

"Fine," Tony said with a sigh.

"Friday, if Tony gets out of bed you are to tell me immediately,'' Pepper said.

"Pepper, I don't need my AI to babysit me," Tony complained.

''Bed! Now!" Pepper said sternly and Tony sighed and nodded and headed up the stairs.

"You should go talk to him Pep, you know how he is with emotions. His work is his distraction,''Clint said with a sigh.

"You're right," she said and followed Tony upstairs.

"Should one of us go check on Steve?" Clint asked when Pepper left.

"You can if you want but I'm honestly pissed at him right now," Natasha said and she also went upstairs.