38

3rd POV
Helen and her nurses had tended to Natasha, Steve and Tony while the rest of the team sat in Peter's room in silence. Not the room in the Med bay though, Peter's bedroom. He felt uncomfortable staying in the Med bay.

May and Happy had went back home since she had another shift at the hospital the following day.
Steve was in one room with Sam while Natasha and Tony were in the other room while the nurses were dressing their wounds.

"Thanks for protecting Peter," Tony said.

"He's my nephew Stark, of course I'll protect him," Natasha responded.

"What exactly happened?" Tony asked curiously.

"Well they got into a bit of an argument and Steve said some not so so pleasant things about you and well Peter got really angry and punched him, and then Steve pinned his wrists behind his back and who knows what would have happened if I wasn't there," Natasha explained.

Tony sighed," It was probably the truth anyway," he muttered under his breath but she heard him.

"You can't put yourself down for things that happened in the past, there's nothing you could do to change it, what matters now is the person that you've become and the truth is that none of us in this house are saints. Steve had no right to say what he did. I'm going to regret saying this, but you're a good person. You are an amazing father to Peter and a good fiance to my best friend. I know that we argue a lot but at the end of the day, I care about you. Somewhat," she said.

"Aww, Romanoff has a heart," Tony said jokingly.

''Shut up Stark," Natasha warned.

"I can't believe that he actually hurt Peter," Tony said still disbelieving that it actually happened.

"When I told him to let Peter go he told me to stay out of it, its between him and you. Which is weird because he said your name and not Peter's," Natasha said.

"He wouldn't hurt Peter to get to me, despite how much I hate him right now, I know that he isn't like that. Did he think that he was fighting me?" Tony wondered out loud.

"It's possible I guess," Natasha responded with a sigh.

"Let's go see Pete," Tony said and she stood up and followed him to Peter's room.

The red marks around Peter's wrists had faded and everyone just say their silently.

"What the hell were you guys thinking?" Clint asked after some time.

''He hurt Peter!" Natasha said angrily.

"He called me Tony instead of Peter," Peter said thoughtfully.

"Maybe I should go talk to Steve," Tony said with a sigh.

"I don't think that that's a good idea right now," Pepper said not wanting Tony to get into another fight with Steve.

"I don't want him around you," Peter admitted. Steve hadn't deliberately hurt him but he was willing to hurt his father and Peter would not stand for it.

"Listen kid, whatever happens between Rogers and I stays between us. You don't have to be upset with him for any arguments that we have. As much as I want to say I'm proud of you for punching him Pepper would kill me so I should  probably tell you that punching people when you're angry is wrong," Tony said with a sigh.

''We can't keep doing this," Wanda said with a sigh.

"Doing what?" Tony asked.

"The fighting, the tension. Its tearing the team a part," Rhodey said with a sigh.