19

3rd POV
Tony had left that night and Peter went to school the next day reluctantly.

He missed his mom and dad and he was worried for their safety. Especially Tony's but Steve told him that he had to go.

Luckily, Nat was taking him to school
today.

"Cheer up baby spider. They'll be fine," Natasha said.

"I know but I miss them. I haven't had parents for almost all my life and I really don't want to lose them," Peter admitted.

"You wouldn't lose them. Pepper will be there to hoard you from everyone else and Tony will be there to be a helicopter parent for a reallly long time. We all love you so much and I don't want to see you sad," Natasha said.

"Thanks aunt Nat, I really love you guys too," Peter said and they arrived at school.

"Have a good day Pete, if anyone as much as looks at you the wrong way you better tell me," Natasha warned and drove off.

Peter laughed and walked into the school.

"MJ!" Peter said happily as he saw her talking to Ned.

"Hey, loser," she said playfully.

"It's good to have you back," Peter said.

"Aww, did you miss me? " she asked.

"Um no, I just um, I felt bad about what I said but yeah I did miss you because you're my friend but-," Peter's rambling got cut off by MJ.

"I'm just messing with you. I missed you too," she said and they made their way to class with Ned.

"What's got you all pouty?" Ned whispered. Peter had been sulking all morning and he wanted to know what was up with his best friend.

"Mom went on a business trip and dad had to go on a mission," Peter whispered back.

"Oh," he said. He knew how much Peter wanted to have parents before he found out Tony was his dad. He knew that he didn't want to lose them and he really wished that he could cheer up his best friend.

"So how was your weekend?" MJ asked as they sat at lunch.

"It was boring," Ned responded.

"It was cool, we went to the beach oh and yesterday I got to take dad's place in a meeting," Peter said and MJ and Ned almost choked.

"You got to go to the beach with the avengers?"

"You got to take Tony Stark's place in a meeting?"

Ned and MJ asked seriously.

"Yeah," Pete responded feeling all gloomy about his parents again.

"That's so cool," Ned said and MJ nodded.

Peter realized that someone had sent him a text and he checked it while Ned and MJ continued talking.

Spider mom: Hey baby spider, how is everything going? Are you still sad?🥺

Peter: it's going good. I guess and yeah. I'm have a bad feeling. Like I know that I always get worried when they leave but I really have a terrible feeling and I just wish that I could do something.

Spider mom: Do you want me to come get you?

Peter: No aunt Nat! It's fine, I'll be ok.

Spider mom: I don't think so, you looked really down today and I know that you're worrying. You'll make yourself sick Peter.

Peter: no I'm fine. I promise, I'll be ok. They'll always be fine.

Spider mom: are you sure you don't want me to come pick you up?