18

3rd POV
"Dad you didn't have to get him fired," Peter said when they were back in Tony's office.

"He disrespected you Peter, he treated you like a nobody and you allowed it," Tony said.

"I didn't want to be rude," Peter said.

"There is a difference between being rude and standing up for your rights. You have to be more assertive Peter." Tony said.

"But I don't want to be mean," he said honestly.

"So what if someone was being mean to your friends, would you stand there and tolerate it?" Tony asked.

"Well no," Peter said.

"So you'll stand up for them right?" Tony clarified and Peter nodded.

"So why the fuck do you not stand up for yourself ?'' Tony asked.

"Because, I don't want to be rude and plus, the man was right. I am a nobody, I was just a normal person from Queens. Now I'm Tony Stark's secret kid. I'm still a nobody because no one knows that I'm your kid," Peter said.

"Peter, every single person's life has value. It doesn't matter if they're rich or poor or if they're famous or not. Everyone deserves to be respected. And you were never a 'nobody' as you said. Before we found out that you're my kid, you were Peter Parker, spiderman, one of the most purest souls on this earth, you're a genius, you are really kind, and you're one of the most considerate people I ever came across. Now, you're all that but you're also my son, meaning that one day, this company is going to be yours to run. When you run a company there are going to be a lot of people who don't like you, people who speak negatively about you but you can't let that bring you down. You walk with your head held high and call people out for their disrespect," Tony said.

"Wait, what? I'm going to run Stark Industries after you ? And did you really think all that about me?" Peter asked.

"Well obviously kid. I'm not going to just give my business to anyone, well unless you don't want to, I would never force you to do something that you don't want. And it doesn't matter what I think of you. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about you. What matters is that you continue being yourself don't matter what," Tony said.

"Wow, I would be honored to run  the company after you and mom retire and thanks for that dad. I'll try to be more confident now," Peter said.

"That's my boy," Tony said and ruffled his hair.

"Who would have ever thought that Tony Stark would be so sappy," Peter teased.

"You're fired," Tony said and flipped him off before walking out of the office.

"Mr. Stark, I have some documents that I need you to sign urgently and there is someone named Nick Fury wants to meet with you. Should I schedule an appointment?" Tony's assistant asked.

"I have a board meeting that I'm supposed to attend. Um Peter do you think that you can handle it?" Tony asked.

"I'm sorry what?" Peter asked, wondering if he heard right or if Tony was messing around.

"You just need to sit down and take a few notes and you'll be fine," Tony waved him off.

Peter was still shocked. Him? A kid, usually he doesn't like to be called a kid or treated like one but in this situation he was a fucking kid.

"Um da- Tony can I have a word with you. In private," Peter asked.

"Look kid, you're a genius ok. Do you have a problem with this?" Tony asked.

"Well no, I could handle it. I've been in worse situations," Peter said.

"I was just supposed to listen to them talk about how profitable some new prototypes are. They also planned to propose new ideas. There will be no major decision making. All you have to do is sit there on my behalf, take some notes and if you feel comfortable enough, give your input." Tony said.