ch9

Kirlia pov

THUD

David... David.... DAVID!!!

I quickly get up and face David but all I could see was dust clouding my vision

"Kirlia (David where are you)"

David: its... it's alright. I'm right here.

David's voice he sounds... weak... he's injured.

3rd pov

Kirlias eyes glow blue and the dust ess pushed outward revealing David lying on the ground.

Kirlia: KIRLIA (DAVID!!)

Kirlia rushes to the weakened trainer and wraps her arms around Him.

Kirlia: kir kir kir (David please say you're alright.)

David's eyes slowly open and extended his hand to the pokemon.

David: i-im alright kirlia... just expelled too much energy.

Kirlia: Kir Kir!! (Idiot- you used your aura to create a pit of lose soil.)

David: heh, isnt that supposed to be a good thing? I protected you two didnt I?

Kirlia smiles before wrapping her arms around her trainer before David stands up dusting himself off.

David: there we go, good as new.

Kirlia: kirrr (David hmmmmph.)

David let's out a silent chuckle.

David pov

Despite getting minor injuries I was happy kirlia and pikachu stayed safe. All that was left for me to do is get back to the group.

"There There Kirlia. I'm ok, we should however get back to ash and the others."

Kirlia still a bit upset playfully hits me over and over while calling me an idiot.

Kirlia: kir kir kir (baka baka baka, baka David)

I chuckle a bit more as pikachu hops onto my shoulder as we made our way out of the collapsed pit.

Bonnie: DAVID, KIRLIA ARE YOU TWO OK?!?

Ash: PIKACHU ARE YOU THER BUDDY?

We managed to get out of the pit with little difficulty and finally I called out.

"I'm ok!!!"

Pikachu hops off of my shoulder and jumps into ash while kirlia remained in my arms bridal style.

"We should get back to camp and rest for awhile. I might need it."

Serena runs up to me with a nervous expression and bonnie sarcastically calls out.

Bonnie: Ya think?! You fell out of a balloon.

"Haha, I'm fine really. I just need to rest a bit."

Time skip 5 minutes

We finally returned to the camp and the sun was just above the treeline, no clouds were seen and we set up tents near the lake all was well with the world except serena was having a mid life crisis.

Serena: a-are you sure we can't y-ya know head to the pokemon center nearby? I'd rather not spend the night outside if I dont have too.

I smirk a bit before poking my head out of my tent. "Did you not pack a tent or sleeping bag?"

Clemont caught wind of the conversation and intervened.

Clemont: I have an extra sleeping bag and you can sleep with bonnie in her tent. I can rest with ash.

"There problem solved hehe." I had a smug grin plastered on my face as kirlia poked her head out.

Kirlia: kirlia kir (stop teasing.)

"Haha ok ok."

I brought my head back inside the tent and took off my shirt, starting to get changed into my pajamas.

"Actually, Hey Clemont."

Clemont: yeah?

"I was wondering if you had a pokemon translator device or something of the sort."

Clemont pondered for a second before asking.

Clemont: I do what did you need it for?

"Cool, I was wondering if the translator could make the said pokemon sing?"

Clemont: sing, like if I were to put it on meotic it could sing in english?

"Yeah exactly."

Clemont: no I dont, I have a normal translator but I can make one for you.

"Oh thank you, I'm gonna need it when I'm practicing for the pokemon contests."

Clemont understood what I was trying to say. I finished getting changed into my pj's which consisted of a sweatshirt 2 sizes too big and sweatpants both of which are black.

Kirlia: kir kirlia? (David you kinda owe me don't you?)

I turn to kirlia with a somewhat tired expression and lie down on my pillow. "What do I owe you?"

Kirlia: kir~ (cuddles)

I should have expected it but i didnt. Kirlia climbed inside my sweatshirt surprising me with a muffled hum.

Kirlia: *muffled* kir kir, kirlia kir (there nice and cozy, and I get to be close to you.)

Her head pops out from the sweatshirt, she had a gentle grin as she leans in for a kiss. Being the playful bastard I am I turn my head letting her miss.

Kirlia: kir! (Hey!!)

I couldnt help but chuckle a bit before turning to kirlia while she had a pouty face. "Ok ok."

With a gentle smile still on my face I brought my arms inside the shirt and gently embraced the pokemon. I bring the hood up letting the warmth of one another comfort us.

Kirlia leans in and rest her forehead to mine. "We should get some rest."

Kirlia: kir? Kirlia (What? I dont wanna)

I pet out an annoyed sigh before bringing my hands out of the shirt and opened my bag. "Where is it?"

I looked for a bit before grabbing what I was trying to find. "Ha, found it."

I pull out a wooden box with a wound up lever. "This Is it... my family's music box. This usually helps me sleep whenever I'm restless."

Kirlia: kir? (How haven't I met youre family yey?)

A small saddened smile forms which gave her the answer. She nuzzles her cheek into my own as I began to wind up the music box.

The song was quiet and melancholic which changed the mood quite a bit. But its melody induced a sense of tiredness into the both of us. It didnt take long for me to yawn.

Kirlia: kirlia kir kir. (I see you are getting tired.)

I roll my eyes as my body slowly shuts down, I pull kirlia closer to my body much to the appreciation of the petite pokemon.

"I-i love you kirlia." Apparently the music box even changed my current emotion as well because I felt increasingly sad. Memories of my parents flood into my mind.

There was a reason I never mentioned my parents to ash, serena or the others. This included kirlia, that reason is... well they were no longer living.

I suppose my sorrowful emotion caught kirlias attention because she planted her lips onto mine before speaking using telepathy.

Kirlia: (there there, do you want to talk about it?)

Maybe... maybe one day, the topic of my parents is a bit much.

The music box comes to an end and the sorrow was still evident. Kirlia hums a small tune which brought me tempted me out of the sorrow state I was in... a small smile forms on my face as I hum along.

Sleep eventually took over the both of us and we slept in each others embrace with smiles on our faces.