ch27 a staged offensive

I watched with horror as videos were played, team rocket grunts and their pokemon were obliterated in combat and were in full retreat, rescue helicopters exploded and burned and civilians were left behind an executed.

Almost... 1.7 million people were killed, civilians and trainers alike. The casualty rate for pokemon were estimated to be 2.7 million.

The information I have seen and processed... was to much for me to handle, the destruction of my home wasn't the end, it was its beginning, the beginning of something horrible.

I watched the videos with tears falling down my cheeks as I wiped them away, but only for more to replace them. I whimpered in emotional pain before Giovanni spoke up.

Giovanni: with that reaction.. I'm taking it you re a survivor of Plainfield aren't you.

I nodded my head. Giovanni sent more information as a holographic screen.

Giovanni: you're probably in a massive amount of pain and agony, so you have my condolences.... but I have no good that'll appear. The only "good" that has come out of this is that the first batch of refugees will arrive in sinnoh, kanto and Hoenn by tomorrow morning. I have no doubt in my mind that the press will be all over this revaluation. But however some hope still remains.

I looked up and into Giovanni's eyes.
"Please... if there is any hope of stopping this madness then... please."

Giovanni rose to his feet and began to pack his things.

Giovanni: team rocket, team galactic, magma, aqua, plasma, and flare are all gathering into the mountains between kalos and Kanto. At the mountain city of Erebor. We've been in contact with the resistance yesterday to relocate our assets there. Were all being redeployed to Kalos as our Base of operations. The local police department will be informed by the evening and we'll be seeing each other soon....

Giovanni breathed softly as he looked at the trio.

Giovanni: were staging an offensive, forward operating based have been formed in Unova but our HQ will be in between kanto and Kalos... I'll see you soon. Bye.

The call drops and silence filled the pokemon center, the only ones who heard that call was me and the team rocket trio.

I wiped away my tears to no avail. Jesse took a knee beside me and pulled me into a hug, something I knew was out of character but didn't really care at the moment, I needed some love right now.

Jesse: I'm sorry... i.. didn't know you were a survivor of plainfield.. forgive us.. please.

I fell onto my knees and silently weeped. War had enveloped the Unova region and I had no power in stopping it, I knew the destruction first hand, I witnessed it and now it was occurring on a regional scale.

"I-i forgive y-you... I'm s-scared for them. I saw t-the destruction first hand. M-millions are dead... and more are to come."

I took a breath and wiped away my tears before facing the trio.

"We have to protect kalos and the other regions, we must."

Upon saying that Ash, bonnie, clemont and serena walked into the pokemon center with the resistance fighters, my aunt and uncle along with the tactical pokemon trainers from before.

Gary: you are absolutely right David. I was just informed by HQ in erebor. The evil organizations around the globe are randavouing to Erebor for a massive offensive. I've informed the other regions to send over trainers as volunteer militia to help train and protect assets: such as towns, cities and their civilians.

Anita: the gym leaders of Unova will be arriving in luminose city in 2 days time, and also, David... ash. The gym leader korrina has a gift for you.

Upon hearing that. A woman with waist length blonde hair wearing rollerblades rolled over to me and ash before tossing us a badge.