ch20

(Holy fuck 20 chapters.).

Kirlia pov

Noon came around quicker for everyone, David, Riolu, Braixen and I all sat together with ash, clemont, bonnie, serena and David's aunt and uncle having lunch.

David was with his family having some family bonding by making the camp some very delicious lunch food clemont and bonnie were also together helping out whenever they could.

I smiled at the gentleness of David and the care he puts into his work.

I love him.

Braixen: brai~ (we know~)

Riolu: David is such a wonderful trainer, friend... he's, amazing

Braixen and riolu hummed together as the two turned to me with curious looks.

Riolu: how did the two of you meet?

The question garnered the attention of ash and serena along their pokemon. I jumped at the question as the memories of such a time ago entered my mind.

I took a deep breath as memories flooded my mind. From the time we first met till our first partnership, the friends we made along the way... and the sacrifices we made for one another.

Then I spoke. I brought my arms close to my chest and started my story.

It... it was such a long time ago, and I'm not that good at telling stories. But, we met a long long time ago.

Flashback 3rd pob

Kirlia: If my memory serves me right then, it was a few days after the destruction of David's home. The fires of battle had spread to the forests where I resided. Flocks of pokemon were trying to run while others stayed and fight.

The sound of crackling fire burns throughout the forests of southern kalos. Ralts was in the middle of it all. The small fairy type runs in a desperate attempt to escape the burning forest but with the amount of smoke and fire it made it hard to breath for her.

Kirlia: the amount of smoke and fire that constantly grew was to much for me. My muscles burned, ached, I wanted to stop but I couldnt if I wanted to stay alive.

With the fire ever growing several pokemon stayed and fought the fire with their water type moves while others assisted them using helping hand or other type of moves.

But Ralts couldn't. All she could do was run but eventually even her body gave up.

Kirlia: then, my body just gave up, I tumbled to the ground and could not give up, other pokemon raced past me without darting an eye towards me.

A stampede of pokemon sprinted past her as the fire burned ever closer. Ralts' eyes closed expecting the burn of the fire to reach her. In a sense it did, her skin started to burn until the feeling of arms wrapped around her and the feeling of fast moving wind against her cheeks.

???: are you alright?!?

Ralts's eyes opened to see an injured boy perhaps around the age of 4 or 5. Ralts nodded her head still exhausted from using her energy from before.

Kirlia: it was David, He picked me up and pulled me away from the fire, his eyes unwavering, his heart pounding and his breathing heavy. David had saved me, despite getting hurt himself.