ch77 New Pennsylvania

Only 10 minutes passed and everyone was making way through the old and diaplated city. No one said much of a word and only let the environment speak for itself. The silence of the city as well as evident scorch marks, small craters indicated that a battle of sorts was fought here.

David and kirlia walked over to one of the craters and observed it. The crater itself descended nearly a foot deep and held indications of carbon scoring. David narrowed his eyes as he ran his hand across it. A small amount of carbon brushed and accumulated across his fingertips.

David: there was a battle here.

He was talking to himself and kirlia knew that, but David was more or less thinking about the size of the battle. What kind of pokemon could create carbon scorch marks on concrete?

David: only a fire type pokemon could have done something like this... Reshiram maybe...

David looked at kirlia to see what she had to say.

Kirlia: I agree. But it had to be hotter than normal fire, like the temperature braixen reaches when she achieves hyperesonance.

David hummed lowly before rising back to his feet while kirlia does the same. The two spent a second or so thinking until they had to continue walking less they risk being left behind. But they weren't the only ones thinking about the carbon marks, iris thought so too.

As the group continued to walk through the city they saw a variety of pokemon ranging from old mechanical pokemon to migratory pokemon: ratata, the pidgey evolutions, and others that came from unova.

Iris: so what is it where trying to find exactly? An ancient machine part? A pokemon?

The Clocksmith chuckled at the answers iris hypothesized but in reality it was much simpler.

???: we are looking for large crystalized energy.

Jenna: crystallized energy? What's that?

The old man hummed and pulled something out of his pocket, it was a 5 inch blue crystal but within it were sparkles of light dimming and brightening every other second.

???: these crystalized energy can be made when a pokemon uses its power and compresses it to superpowered levels. Some Clocksmiths believe and have tested that one would need extraordinary heat and pressure from a psychic type, a fire type and ground type in order to achieve a crystal like this.

Jenna and lily share a look of wonder as the old man put the crystal away.

Lily: can people recreate it?

The man shook his head no.

???: none of us have the pokemon powerful enough to achieve that level of pressure and heat. Only legendary pokemon or something similar has it. Nikola according to legend had Reshiram, groundon and palkia use they're powers to achieve it. But many of us don't believe it.

He let's out a chuckle as the group reached an intersection that lead in 5 different directions. He hummed lighlty and had his chronobbit come out.

Alder: if strength is a problem why don't you gather all of the Clocksmiths and try together? Or ask the champions of other regions for help.

The chronobbit ticked and clicked as it began to look around, its mechanical body clicking with each movement while its soul heart began to glow.

???: we have gathered the Clocksmiths together and tried, as for asking champions the governors of the various cities and towns prefer to be isolated.

The old man's answer was a little unexpected for everyone but it nonetheless explained the vast difference in technological development. One chose a steampunk route and the other a futuristic one.