ch88

Ch88: Conversations and Ice

In the skies above unova the airship piloted by kiki lie above the clouds in the midst of traveling to their next objective: Opelucid city, the hometown of iris.

David's actions the days prior hadn't gone unnoticed, a vast change had occured in the frontlines and for one during the scarlet knights ever expanding borders, that expansion came to an abrupt halt. This brought everyone in provincia the courage and the strength to volunteer for the coalition forces.

The explosions that rocked unova served as a powerful voice and message for the cities in provincia and it shouted: "we will not go quietly into the night!!! We will fight to live on!!!"

However this doesn't come close to the biggest perspective change in the world at all. David had discovered something both horrific and amazing.

It turns out 400 years ago the scarlet knights discovered a way to enter the world of pokemon without arcues, palkia, dialga nor giratina knowing. The knights intent has been forgotten by the resistance fighters for quite some time.

David could be seen on deck watching the skies and clouds silently with Kirlia, braixen, lucario, jenna and lily. This was because a very important conversation was about to take place.

No one said a word despite the awkwardness of the situation it felt weird. Eventually jenna started the conversation with a simple question.

Jenna: David? How do you feel right now?

David: I'm indifferent right now... I'm still processing things... I guess.

David shrugged lightly not knowing what questions to ask and what not to ask. Many were on his mind but they were so outlandish that he thought it would be wise to keep quiet.

Jenna: well... what would you like to know about us? About our ancient home I guess.

David took a breath and fell into thought for several moments.

David: I don't know.

Jenna hummed lighlty.

Jenna: shoot away. Anything.

David turned to jenna and nodded his head as a question formed in his mind.

David: the scarlet knights isn't their real name is it.

Jenna nodded her head yes before beginning the explanation.

Jenna: yes, you are right they are not called the scarlet knights, not officially that is, the real name of their organisation is: The United nations.

David: what are they exactly?

Jenna slowly collected her thoughts and slowly tried to word her answer appropriately.

Jenna: The... United nations is.. a... intergovernmental organization whose.. to put it simply to maintain peace in the world.. their world that is.

Kirlia: if their purpose is to keep the peace then why are they sending in 5.2 million soldiers to defeat provincia?

Jenna hummed once more.

Jenna: that falls into why are they in this world to begin with, and I don't have that answer... I don't think anyone does... maybe 400 years ago when the resistance became a thing but.. not anymore...

David lowered his head and tried to think of several questions but Lucario beat him to it.

Lucario: how did the resistance form? What is the full story behind it?

Jenna: the resistance began 400 or so years ago, give or take 5 years. When the United nations arrived in this world they believed in the extermination of the indigenous people so that they may who knows colonize the world... its definitely what it looks like based on what we saw in Driftveil and nimbasa.