ch35 a choice

Silence filled the air as David rested beside his pokemon: kirlia, braixen and Lucario. Galvantula on the other hand only suffered minor burns and only needed bandages. The others on the other hand was much more serious.

Kirlia suffered from numerous fractured bones and energy exertion. Braixen the same but internal bleeding, and lastly lucario had severe burns, courtesy of the battle prior.

It had only been 5 hours since and the 3 were still unconscious and the champions were actively talking to Gary and anita about the issue at hand.

The first thing the two champions said were apologies.

Diantha/ Cynthia: please forgive us were sorry for pushing things to far.

The two champions lowered their heads and bowed to Gary and anita. The two resistance fighters looked in all honesty quite annoyed by the turn of events and remained quiet. The silence the champions heard was deafening to them.

A minute would pass when Gary spoke up in a very harsh tone, holding no respect to the champions them or their titles.

Gary: you two are fucking childish and idiots.

Those were his first words to the champions and almost immediately diantha and cynthia flinch at the harsh words and tone of voice. Gary looked at the two before letting out a sigh of annoyance and slight anger.

Gary: when I left you two to take care of David when he was recovering and testing his hyperesonance I didnt mean go out and challenge him to a battle and force him to Erebor. What's the matter with you?!

Once again the champions flinch from his words before he continued. He takes a breath and calmed himself a bit.

Gary: jesus... little do you know that kid is my nephew, and he is an adult he may be 13 but when someone becomes a trainer they are by definition an adult. So you had no voice in what he should do, forcing him to Erebor is not you're choice... it's David's.

Gary rubbed his eyes before taking a seat on a couch in the pokemon center. He groans softly before anita spoke up in his place.

Anita: ladies, from what I saw earlier you were very surprised to see David so very injured. Correct?

Diantha rose her head a bit and nodded.

Diantha: y-yeah... we.. we didn't know it would go so far... were sorry.

Anita sighs before beginning to explain what the hyperesonance does to both trainer and pokemon when it occurs.

Anita: listen you two. When a hyper occurs, either it be in battle or in intense emotional distress the effects are often the same: both trainer and pokemon share their thoughts, emotions, senses and others but they also share the pain and damage they both sustain.

The eyes of the champions widen at the information they now received. Cynthia spoke up first addressing it.

Cynthia: wait... so all the injuries that David has are the collective amount of all his pokemon?

Anita nods her head, shocking the champions. They turned their heads to the other room where David, kirlia,  braixen, lucario and the other trainers and their poke rested.

Anita sighs and crosses her arms before looking back at the champions with a stern look.

Anita: I take it you understand what happened to David and the way he is correct?

The champions nodded understanding what David had gone through and the why he does the things he does.

Cynthia: yes... I understand, but... why does he go so far? To the point where his own body shuts down on him?