ch68 costly escape

25 minutes fly by, kiki finally was able to outmaneuver the slow moving flying battleships. But it came at a cost, iris and her archeops were injured, lily and her eeveeloutions were dangerously weakened and lastly the airship itself was damaged.

Small to large holes littered the hull of the ship all the while kiki and her brothers struggled to get the ship repaired, jenna and alder assisted where they could.

Lily and iris rested against the airships atc island, with long and heavy breathing the two wanted nothing more than to rest but they had one more thing to do before they could: Find David.

Lily: that was.... intense....

Iris nodded her head slowly, she tilted her head to the side and glanced over at Lily.

Iris: yeah.... I hope David had something better. We have to *cough cough* find him soon.

Lily nodded her head before she too began to cough violently. Iris began to have a coughing fit making lily very suspicious, her eyes narrowed before she rose to her feet.

Lily: oh boy....

Iris: *cough cough* y-yeah? What's wrong?

Lily helped iris to her feet before pointing to the mountains ahead. Large flames were consuming a large part of the mountains while small muzzle flashes were on the ground giving them an idea. Lily faced iris to give her instruction.

Lily: I think I found David, Iris go and get the others were going to have to make things quick if were gonna save him.

Iris: wait how do you know David is down-

BOOOOM

Lily jerked her head back to the mountain where a large pink explosion detonated giving iris her answer.

Lily: go... now....

Another few explosions go off in the far distance along with the sound of bullet fire. Lily watches on as she walked over to the airships hull, her eyes softened a bit at the distant muzzle flashes.

Lily: Damnit David... you can do this.

Alder: Lily!!

Hearing her name she turned around to see the unovian champion and iris walking over.

Alder: kiki and her brothers have repaired any damage to the engine and boilers. However we can't take any sort of damage of that intensity again, if were going to rescue David we need to find a way to communicate with him.

Lily: what do you suggest?

Iris: we descend to the cliffs before and set up some sort of defense. Kiki has called for the.... coalition air force.

Lily nods lighlty.

Lily: ok, do you know how long until they arrive?

Alder and iris shook their heads unenthusiastically.

Iris: they say a few hours, which is something we don't have. So kiki has offered a compromise.

Lily: which is?

Alder: upon retrieving David we leave immediately after. Because the chances are we'll be pursued.

Lily sighs and turns back to the burning mountains.

Lily: is this our best chance?

Alder: it's our best chance.

Lily looks back to iris and alder with a worried and gentle smile.

Lily: ok, let's get started.

5 minutes go by and the airship began its descent to a clear patch of land before a cliff face. Iris, alder with their pokemon hop off the airship and began to run toward the treeline.