Beautiful Dream

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Skylar

I gripped the doorknob, shutting it lightly behind me. But being honest, I wanted to slam the damn door, or maybe take it off its hinge and toss it at Alarick's damn face. Just who the hell does he think he is? I'm an alpha as well now, I demand equal respect. I deserve his respect.

If he thinks I'm going to submit or force my people to submit to him, because he's going to be protecting my pack, he's got it all wrong. Protection or not, I am sure my pack can protect itself from the rogue king if we had the numbers. The time we were attacked it was simply because Dad had refused to listen to me. But he's right. I am outnumbered if that rogue king comes by here again.

I had already told Dad our walls needed to be reinforced, but he's always wasting the pack's earnings on stupid things. All the expensive clothes he buys for himself and Mom, their expensive getaways, and their constant vacations have my pack in ruins.

Maybe Alarick is right about one thing, I need to amplify the walls around my perimeters first. Then, make modifications to the pack house. Maybe I will build rooms for the omegas here. I'm not as cruel and cold-hearted as my dad. I do care about my pack members, but I'm used to pretending to care less about them in front of others because I don't want them to see me as a weak alpha.

Alarick certainly gave me something to think about. My pack is in bad shape. The weak members are too weak, and the supposed strong ones are not strong, they're just used to getting their way. I know that. They don't train as they should, they've learned to act like glorified entitled pricks, because that's what we were taught to do from an early age. To manipulate the weak and rule over them.

This is the real reason I'm giving those five omegas to Alarick. Not because I want them used as slaves, but if someone can protect them, it's him. Besides Olivia, the other four are the weakest of my pack. Two of the girls are in their teen years that were left all alone after the attack. They both lost their family, and the other two is a mom and daughter. The mom lost her mate in the attack as well. She gets picked on a lot, but the real reason I want her out is that Gunther has had his eye on her. The scumbag has been trying to get into her pants, disregarding her grief. He's never found his mate, but I know she's not it because I have asked her myself.

I need to make sure to get her out to safety before the asshole tries to force himself on her as he has on the rogues they've captured. They think I don't know what they've been doing, but I need to think clearly and work out a plan to bring them to justice.

I have learned and done as my father has said for as long as I had to, but this is not the way I want to run my pack. I need to change things, train my people and teach them to kick ass when they need to defend themselves. I don't think I could stand to lose more members, it hurt me more than it hurt Dad when we were attacked. A lot of those warriors were just teens. My age at the time. I fought alongside them until they finally had enough, while my dad and his stupid beta hid in the dungeons.