Reunited

Livie

"Are you sure this is going to work? It seems a bit sketch. What if they don't buy it and refuse to set him free?" I asked Madelyn as I stood beside her, looking at countless papers that from my understanding, Brandon had kept secret from everyone.

It was all the proof we needed to show the packs and all the alphas that were working with Noah and Hector. It showed all the attacks, with dates and how many losses, from each pack when Noah and the other alphas were trying to take their packs away to gain their territory.

They were all neighboring packs, and from what I gather, a lot of the girls that had gone missing were from these packs, and thankfully, they had been saved by my brother's pack, and were under Brandon's care. He had saved many of these girls, but since they were technically supposed to be dead, their families thought they were nonexistent. All these innocent girls had to live with the guilt, knowing their families thought they were dead. At least until we could catch Noah and make him face the council, and hopefully, these girls would talk against him.

These girls were the perfect key to putting Noah and all these pathetic excuses behind walls. But the question was... will they be willing to talk against him?

"Look, I know it will be hard to convince these girls. They are still really scared, but I know they won't say no."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because they will do anything for Brandon. Your brother is a good man, Livie. He's done so much for us, given so much, and placed himself in so much danger for each of us. The least they... WE. could do, is testify against those bastards and help Brandon get out of there." Madelyn says, making me feel pensive.

"Whatever the outcome, I'm willing to stand next to Brandon. I will not stop until he is set free. I owe him that much. And more." she says, looking over the papers.

Ricky had taken off early this morning to see what was happening. I was so mad, I wanted to leave with him and see my brother. But maybe it was for the best. Dad was very weak, and I took advantage and called in one of our best doctors to look at him.

She took him to the hospital for further examinations and called me a while ago to tell me he was fine. He was just a bit dehydrated and hadn't eaten since the morning he found Brandon had not returned home. I brought him home soon after and then came to meet with Madelyn after she asked to talk to me.

I can't believe everything she has gone through as well. Her dad is a cruel man. He took the pack from her, who was the descendant of the alpha position from her mom's side. After her mom's death, he became the alpha and then told Madelyn he would not give the pack to her, but to her step-sister.

Madelyn is sure that the pack will disintegrate after her step-sister takes over. She's a spoiled brat who has never had to work or train a day in her life.

I hope that everything works out for Madelyn, she seems like a nice girl.

We went over a plan and then were relieved when Ricky called me. "Baby, the council was willing to let Brandon out on bail. We're coming home now, but, he has to be back for a hearing in a few weeks," he says making my eyes widen. My heart began to race uncontrollably, making me want to cry.

"Really? How... oh my god..." I couldn't get my words out. I was far too overwhelmed. I felt the knot in my throat, making me cover my mouth as I whimpered.

"How far are you?" I managed to ask.

"We're a few minutes away. I told you I'd get him home to you. And I'm keeping my promise. Get the pack ready, we need to talk to everyone." he says making me nod as if he could really see me.

"Ok. I love you." I said before he hung up. I wanted to talk to Brandon and hear his voice, but... maybe it's for the best I talk to him in person.

I felt the time was going by extremely slowly. "Goddess... why are they taking so long?" I asked as I paced back and forth in front of the pack house. Everyone kept looking at me in concern. By now, word had gotten out about what had happened.

Everyone knew and was aware of what Noah had done, and they all knew that the notorious Rogue King was none other than my brother, Brandon. Alphas and Lunas of all kinds of packs kept calling, asking if it was true. Some were obviously running their mouth, talking badly behind my back, but I was not paying mind to it.

They could say whatever they pleased, I was at peace, and too happy to care.

"Have any of you seen Leah anywhere? I haven't seen her all morning?" I hear Skylar ask one of the guards next to me. "No. No, sorry, Alpha Skylar. We haven't seen her." they say, making Madelyn sigh, rolling her eyes as she looks away, crossing her hands.

"Everything okay between you two?" I ask, standing next to her. "I told him I was not going to talk to him until he set everything straight with Leah. I'm not willing to be with him and share him with someone else. Especially her. I can't stand her." she says, scuffing and looking away.

"So what's the plan?"

"He's been looking for her all morning, but she apparently is nowhere to be found. God, she's unbelievable. Can you believe she came to my room last night, yelling at me and trying to fight me?" she says, making my eyes widen.

"What?"

"Yeah. She says... I am not going anywhere. Even if I find my true mate one day, he will just have to deal with me having two, so you better do the same because I refuse to reject Skylar or accept his rejection. God, this is such a mess." she says, making me feel sorry for her.

"I always thought meeting my true mate would be memorable. A loving encounter, memorable, you know? Instead, I find he already has a damn chosen mate and on top of that... she's psycho." she says, making me chuckle.

"I'm sure you will work something out. Skylar is not the same immature kid I once thought him to be. If he truly wants to be with you, he will find a way to make things right." I say, looking at her with a smile.

"They're here... they're here." I hear a little girl yell out, making my eyes widen in excitement. My heart began to beat rapidly again, and Dad came to my side, holding my hand to calm my nerves.

I see the black SUVs pull up, and my eyes widen when I see my brother come out of the truck next to Ricky. "Brandon!" I whispered, looking at him through tears.

I couldn't help but run to him, wrapping my hands around his neck as I held him tight, crying in his arms. "Sis! God.... It's you... It's really you. I finally have you back." he says, holding me real tight, crying in my shoulder.

Surely, storms are coming soon, but for now, I just wanted to indulge in this moment. I finally had my brother back and my dad. And it was all thanks to 0ne man... my man, Alarick. None of this would have ever been possible if he hadn't come into my life. I thank the heavens for him and for everything he has done for me.