Obstacle Course, part 1

Leah

Leah

"I guess we'll see you out there then. I just need to go change into more adequate attire for practice." I say faking a smile as Olivia gives me her stupid ditsy smile. She is so stupid, I swear. I can't stand her. And I can't believe I have to kiss ass to her right now. Goddess, I hate this.

"Great. We'll meet you out there. Don't take too long, you'll miss all the fun." Olivia says, making me nod. I rolled my eyes as Margot and she turned and walks away with Alarick holding her hand. He is such a god, I swear. If Skylar wasn't in the picture and Alarick was available, I would so jump on him. Hell, I'd do him, even if Olivia was in the picture.

If I was able to take Skylar away from Olivia, I am damn sure I can take Alarick away. No- what am I thinking? I love Skylar. Damn it. What is wrong with me? My wolf, Sienna growls at my thought. "I know. Sorry. I don't know what came over me." I apologize to my wolf, making her growl.

She loves Skylar. She has always been in love with him since we could remember.

"I still don't get it. Leah, you said Alpha Alarick was pissed off last night. Why is he still so lovey-dovey with garbage girl?" Evelyn says, making me fume with anger as I see Olivia and Alarick walking away toward their practice grounds holding hands and laughing together.

"I made everyone in our pack hate her, and I made Skylar choose me over her. Believe me, it won't be long until I can get Alarick to hate her too. And I WILL make sure that her pack hates her too." I say as anger seethes through my veins. I don't care who Olivia thinks she is, I will make sure no one is there for her in the end.

"She will die and rot all alone. There will be no one there to mourn her or say a prayer when she's dead." I declared menacingly. I can't begin to tell you how much I hated her. Her existence alone is a bother to me. She took what I loved the most away and for that... She will pay. "Leave it alone, Leah. You might regret those words one day, believe me." my wolf, Sienna says, but I am so mad that I block her.

Evelyn chuckled, liking the idea of my evil schemes. She learned to hate her as much as I do. And I think Evelyn will do just fine as collateral damage to make sure my plans go smoothly.

I wasted no time. I wanted to show these fools who a real woman is and show off all my skills. I didn't spend a damn whole summer last year training in the werewolf king's academy for nothing.

I went to my room and changed quickly I made sure to warn Evelyn about taking too long. The last I want is to be the last one to be there. So, I hurried out with my black sports bra and matching pants. I placed my hair in a tight bun and wore my comfy sneakers.

"Ready?" Evelyn asked as I came out of the pack house. I smiled and looped my hand with hers. "Ready. Let's show these bitches how it's really done." I say feeling confident about myself.
✨✨✨

Third Person POV

After Livie made sure Leah and Evelyn would take part in the morning practice, the head cooks called her into the kitchen, making her miss the morning warm-up and exercises entirely. She was a bit discouraged since those exercises were her favorite part. But- She needed to approve the list of orders they had prepared for the next following days.\ and talk to the lead cooks to make sure lunch was prepared smoothly.

She was becoming eager trying to finish up before the obstacle course was started but felt pleased to hear Evelyn and Leah was already waiting at the training grounds. Skylar had also arrived and was already practicing with Zane and his guards.

Needless to say, it was going better for him than it will be for Leah and Evelyn.

"Alright, gather around," Alarick calls everyone, making them stop what they were doing and gathered around him. He gave a welcoming speech to the visiting alphas and their lunas, and his daily pep talk to the rest. "I apologize for my mate's absence, she will be here shortly. She needs to take care of a few things but will join us for the obstacle course." Alarick announces.

Leah looks at Evelyn mischievously. "Sure she did. She was probably scared to go against us." Evelyn says through their mind link making Leah smile with pride, feeling sure of herself.

"Alright. You guys know the drill, first the men, then the Ladies. We'll do stretches, jumping jacks, burpees, squats," Leah rolled her eyes at how faint the workout sounded. But once started, she was left breathless and sweating. Even she was surprised at how her body muscles had become stiff and tender from the intense workout they had just undergone. She winced as she felt the pain on her side after running for so long.

Sure they ran daily around their territory two or three times, but five times around the dark moon pack was excessive for her. Leah was ready to quit after the third round, but seeing how happy all the other lunas looked running next to their mate fired her up, and ran as fast as she could, leaving Evelyn far behind.

But if she had to be honest, she enjoyed it. "How the fuck..." she gasped, trying to catch her breath and trying to understand how Livie's pack members had managed to run all that without even breaking a sweat.

"Ok. Good run guys. Now, next is the obstacle course. Our pack... you know the drill, groups of three at a time, the winner gets first dibs on the sprawls. Alphas, you will compete together in the course as you already discussed, Lunas, you may choose to run with other lunas or warriors." Zane explains as they all begin to get worked up.

Leah's excitement grows, feeling confident about her abilities. All the lunas have trained for years, and they were all good, they knew Livie had only trained for just a few months, there was no way in hell she would outrun them in this extensive course. Even if she has been training with the dark moon pack, their years of experience can not compare to her short months of training.

'If anyone could beat her, it's me. I have pushed her and beaten her to a pulp multiple times easily in the past. I will do so again.' Leah thought with a grin on her face. "Now, the only thing we have to do is make sure you and I get partnered up with her. Got it?" Leah informs Evelyn, making Evelyn grin evilly.

Finally, she hears cheers as she turns and sees Livie finally walking up to them. Her heart pumped and a smile forms on her face as she eagerly awaits to run this course and make Livie eat dust. But will she succeed, or be left behind eating dust from Livie?

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨