Justice

Livie

I stepped down, holding the hand of the King's guard as I went down the steps and made my way to Isabella and Kayla. I embraced both, giving them a tight squeeze. "Thank you for coming. I wasn't sure you'd make it." I said in a low voice, smiling as I pulled away and held her by her shoulders.

She smiled slightly, nodding as a tear dropped down her tinted cheek. "I had to. My father and Taylor need to be stopped. No one deserves to be treated the way they treated Kayla and me, and if it means speaking against my own father and brother, then So be it." she says, nodding as the tears continue to fall.

"Who.... Who is he?" she asked, glancing at my brother. "Oh... you mean your mate? That would be my brother, Brandon." I said, making her eyes widen in surprise.

"Ah-hum!" the King's council member cleared his throat audibly to get our attention. "Might we continue, my ladies?" he says, making us turn toward him. "We'll catch up after. Be brave, both of you... ok?" I said as I held Kayla and squeezed her hand.

I went and sat next to Ricky and my brother. My brother was trying to contain himself from going over and claiming Isabella, or Ella, as Kayla likes to call her. I squeezed his hand, smiling at him when I noticed him struggling to keep his wolf under control.

"Relax, brother. She's safe ok? You can talk to her as soon as we are out of here. Just... have patience." I mind-linked him, making him calm. He sighed, closing his eyes as he slowly relaxed.

But the more he heard all of the torture and mistreatment she had suffered at the hands of her brother, the more Brandon became angrier. He fisted his hands, closed his eyes, and growled slowly as he and his wolf tried their best to control their anger.

We must have been there all day. By the time we realized, the sun had gone down, we were given another break to have dinner and ordered to go home. We would have to go back to the next morning.

I couldn't help but ask Ella and Kayla to join us for dinner at our pack. My brother sat quietly by her side, unable to say a word to her. She was so shy and for the first time, he was too.

I had never in this whole time I've had him back seen him be so shy to talk to a girl as he is with Ella.

"So, uh... dinner. Would you... would you like to have dinner with us at our table?" he finally asks, making her face tint red. "I... uhm, yes," she replies, making me smile at the sight. They were so adorable.

He takes her hand and pulls her slowly against him. The instant sparks must have engulfed them by their surprised looks. I still remember the first time Ricky made me feel those sparks. It was an unforgettable moment.

"We should give them some privacy to talk, don't you agree love?" Ricky says as he hugs me from behind and kisses my mark. "Hi, you must be Kayla, right? Would you like to join us for dinner? We're watching a movie after, you can come and hang out." some of our teen girls asked Kayla, making her seem shy.

She lowered her head and took a step back looking at me. I nodded, smiling, making her feel a bit at ease. She smiles and nods shyly. "Great. Come on. You can sleep in our room if you like. We have bunk beds. Are you going to stay here for a while?" the Shepperd twins ask as they loop their arms around hers and pull her away, making Ricky and I chuckle.

"You are in good hands, Kayla. Go have some fun. Girls, please, take care of Kayla ok?" I said as she looked back worriedly. "Yes, Luna," they say in unison, making me chuckle.

"You are going to love it here. We're getting close to a low season, but don't worry, if you want we can take you shopping for warmer clothes. Then we can go skiing."