Obstacle Course, part 2

Livie

Livie

I was eager to get there. I ran the whole way back, hoping they hadn't started without me. I sighed, smiling as I see that they were just about to commence.

"Luna! She's here!" some of the younger girls say, making me smile and waving at them. There were so many members spectating. It's been a handful of times an alpha and his luna have visited, from what I know, but never have they been asked to join our practice grounds.

"Well, well, well... The queen finally joined us. I thought you had run scared, Luna Olivia?" Leah says in a hushed tone, but I faked a bright smile, not letting her phase my good mood.

Practice time is one of my favorites throughout the day because I see how happy our members are. They take practice very seriously because they know our safety depends on it. So I look forward to it as well.

"Of course not. I wouldn't miss it for the world. But- as a Luna, you should know... Duties come first. And I was called to attend to something first. But don't worry, I'm nice and ready to be the punching bag again." I say with a smile, but inside, I was in turmoil. Leah had done a lot of damage to me back in her pack. Not only physical but mental pain as well.

She was a narcissist. She loved to break you with her words and loved to make everyone feel small, worthless, and insecure of themselves. She coveted her time of torture on the weakest link, and back then, I was her favorite target. There was no other person she favoed as a punching bag more than me, I was her favorite toy to use for practicing her kicks and punches.

"Good. Can't wait to see what you've learned. If you've learned anything at all, that is." she says, chuckling and looking at Evelyn who smiles as well.

"Baby, you're here. Listen, Luna Tara from the Crescent Moon wants to partner up with you. Is that ok?" Ricky asks, making me smile. "Yeah, of course. We just need one more," I waited for Leah to volunteer, but she hesitated a second too late. "I'll do it." Evelyn cut in, making Leah and I look at her. I wanted to make sure Leah was on my team, but hell, beating Evelyn on the way seemed like a good idea too. She had made my life hell too, so I was going to have a little fun making sure I left her far... Far behind.

"Good. Luna Leah, you can partner up with Margot and Chrissy." Ricky says, placing his arm around my waist with a smile and gesturing to Margot and Chrissy as they make their way toward us. "Wait. You expect me to race against a beta's mate and an omega?" she asks Ricky, chuckling. "What's wrong with that?" I ask, making her look at me irritatingly.

"Do you feel incompetent against them?"

"Of course not. I want a real challenge, not an easy race," she says, folding her hands over her chest and smacking her teeth together. "Oh, believe me, I won't go easy on you," Margot says, making me chuckle inwardly. Margot looks harmless, but she's so good and one of our strongest. And Chrissy... Well, she was one of our omegas, but strong and full of energy. Plus- she wanted to pay back Leah for the way she was treated in the dining room. So I was very much ok with it.