Double the Blessing

Livie

"I love you, Livie. Thank you," Ricky says as he snuggles closer to me in bed, making me smile. "For what?" I reply, in a whisper tone as he begins to fall asleep. "For making me the happiest guy in the world," he says as he sighs, burying his head on the curve of my neck and falling asleep.

I can't help but smile as a tear falls from my eye. My hand rubs my stomach softly as my other hand wraps his arms. "No. Thank you, Ricky. For saving me from the hell I was in and giving me a better life story. And thank you, baby." I said referring to my little pup. "For coming into our lives and making it better than it already was. I promise I will protect and love you every day of our lives." I said as I felt more tears falling right before I gave in to sleep.

I can already picture it. How I will hold my baby, and feed him or her. How I will look forward to him or her taking his or her first step, and I'll look forward to the baby's diapers, the changing of clothes, he'ck... I can't even wait for the sleepless nights when my baby will keep me up after being fussy.

I know those moments too well. Alpha Noah had me work the nursery back in my old pack so many times, and they would leave me all alone with all the babies to take care of. It was a bit frustrating, but satisfactory after seeing each one fall asleep so peacefully.

I snuggle closer as my mind gets lost in thought, burying my head in his chest and chuckling as he snorts lightly. He only snores when he's had a really hard day, and my guess is today was one of those days.

By the time I woke up the next morning, Ricky was already gone. He had left me a note letting me know he was on his way to the council and was probably going to be gone all afternoon.

I sighed, grabbing the flower he left next to the note and bringing it to my nose. The sweet scent of him made me smile. I closed my eyes as it filled me with calmness. I rubbed my stomach, feeling the tiny butterfly of my movement stir inside me.

Everyone in the pack by now knew I was expecting, and everywhere I went, I kept getting hugs from the ladies, and kids smiling, wanting to touch my stomach. But I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched all the time. It made me feel a little uncomfortable. Goddess, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I made my way into the kitchen to serve myself a croissant and a cup of tea. "Good morning, Luna." the girls greeted me, making me smile.

"Morning girls," I replied, smiling as I waved at them. "Luna, did you find what you'll be having already? Is it a boy, a girl, or both?" one of the younger girls asked with enthusiasm, making me chuckle.

"No, honey. Not yet. The baby is still too small, but, I have a feeling though." I say as I add a spoonful of raw honey to my teacup, stirring it slowly. "Really? What do you think you will have?" her twin asks with a gleam in her eyes.

"I have a feeling it's going to be a boy," I say, making their eyes widen with joy.

"Oh... that is so cool. Our next alpha!" one girl says to her twin, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Lidia, Liana, leave our Luna be. She needs to eat. Luna, please, let me prepare you some food. What will you like this morning?" one of the older omega asks, making me smile.

"No need, Margot and Molly are coming by to pick me up. We're going to eat at the new restaurant downtown. But you guys enjoy your morning breakfast, ok? Take it easy today." I say, sipping my tea and taking a bite of my croissant. "Bye, Luna," they say as I walk out and take a seat on one of the window seats.

Minutes later Margot joins me and we make our way out just in time as we see Molly pull up in her car. "Hey, guys. Ready to go?" she says with a big smile as she rolls the window down. "Ready!" Margot responds, opening the back door and sliding in, making me follow as I sit up front in the passenger's side.

"I can't wait to try the food in the new restaurant. I always hoped Mrs. Healy would open her own restaurant. She is such a good cook." she says smiling as she drives away.

"I am dying to try their new crepes with strawberries and Nutella. I'm going to ask for double whipped cream." Margot says, making us chuckle.

"Well, Ricky always loved her jumbo waffles. So I think I'm going with one of those. I might bring one back for him too." I said already getting my mouth watery at the thought of the sweet and crispy waffle she expertly makes.

We got there within a short time, and made our way inside, where we were seated quickly and ordered. I won't lie, it was the best waffle I had ever had. Crispy outside, fluffy inside, with the sweetest maple syrup and strawberry topping. The powdered sugar was the perfect ingredient to finish the perfection.

"So," Molly interrupts our silence as she clears her throat, putting her fork down and wiping her lips with a napkin. "I have news..." she says with a big smile.

Margot and I looked at her smiling, "Kaiden and I are having a baby." she said, making my eyes widen in shock. "Really?" I ask, with a smile from ear to ear.

"Yes... I'm four months pregnant. We just... didn't know. My smell hasn't changed much. I have no symptoms, no morning sickness, nothing." she says, making my eyes widen in shock.

"Lucky... our Luna here has been nothing but Moody-broody here," she says, earning a playful slap from me on her shoulder and making Molly laugh.

"Wait... wait," Molly says putting a finger up. "Does this mean that you're..." she says, making her eyes as wide as saucers and making me chuckle.

"Yup. I'm only three and a half weeks though." I add and she loses it. She squeals, clapping with joy. "I am so happy for you. For us! Oh, my goddess, this is amazing." she says as I smile, embracing the thought as she pulls me into a hug.

"I'm happy for the two of you!" Margot says, hugging us as well.