Something Feels Off

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Livie

The party began and I was pleased to see that for the most part, it seemed everything was going off perfectly. All of the guests were excited, and what made me feel even happier was the big smile on Ricky's face.

It was a genuine smile, one that made me feel at ease. He introduced me to all of his old-school buddies and their mates. All of Ricky's friends and their dates seemed so nice.

My brother felt awkward at first, and yes, I know... He's still considered a rogue, but for tonight and while he is staying with us, under our protection, no one is allowed to touch him or anyone in his pack for that matter. Orders and threats by none other than my wonderful husband, Ricky, of course. And now that his friends know about our situation and met the real Rogue King, they also warned everyone to treat Brandon and his pack with respect.

I don't know what is it about this guy, Hunter though. He looks scary, but he's extremely nice. But it gave me bad vibes when he had to step away to talk to Leah.

Speaking of the she-devil, I have not seen her all night, and I know for a fact she was ready for this party. My Goddess, I hope she is not up to something sketchy. Whatever happened between her and Hunter a few hours back has me in thoughts I don't want to say. I don't know if I should be asking him. Or maybe I should ask Evelyn? Maybe I should leave it alone, I don't know! It's troubling my mind though.

I was dancing with Ricky in the middle of the dance floor, smiling away like an idiot as kids ran playfully together and everyone rejoiced when my brother came to my side. "May I cut in?" he asks cordially, holding his hand out to me and smiling at Ricky.

Ricky is really territorial when it comes to me, as every Wolf with their mate I would suppose. But he was becoming comfortable around my brother. He smiles, unwrapping his arms around me and gesturing for my brother to proceed. "I'll be at our table, sweetheart," he says, holding my hand and kissing my knuckles as he steps away.

I can't help but blush as he smiles, and winks before leaving me with my brother. "May I?" he asks, holding his hand out for me. "You may," I say giggling. "I always dreamed of being able to dance at least one song with my sister. And no matter how much thought I put into it, I can't believe I am finally here with you dancing," he says, with a bright smile, bringing tears to my eyes.

The truth is, I always dreamed and hoped he was alive too. How I longed to see him, hug him, dance with him and dad. I'd cry just at the thought and yet... here we are now. "Don't cry, baby sis."

"I'm just so happy. I... I thought I had lost you and Dad forever. I wish Mom was still here, with us." I said as the tears fell freely. He looks at my scar, taking a big sigh and wiping my tears away. "I know. Believe me, if I could go back to that day I would try harder. If I had known I..." he says, closing his eyes and clenching his jaw as a tear betrays him, falling from his left eye.