Stirring Gossip

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Third Person POV

It's been weeks since the last rogue attack they had in the Silver Moon Pack and they were yet to recover from it. Skylar was working really hard to rebuild their walls. This time, the rogue king and his pack hadn't just knocked down the cemented walls but had somehow managed to break through the electric fence Skylar had set up.

'Maybe' he thought... 'Maybe, Alarick was right, I don't just need to reinforce my walls around our territory, but I badly need to train everyone.'  He's had his eyes on Alarick's guards for the past few days. He admired the fact they are up before sunrise, running and practicing amongst themselves while the warriors from his pack AND guards can't even wake up before seven in the morning.

It angered him to see that the men he would assign for the night to supposedly keep the post at night would fall asleep and the ones staying awake watching the perimeters were always Alarick's men. He once admired his pack, making them out as tough and untouchables. But the more he opened his eyes, the more he was becoming angered. The deception of reality was vastly sinking in.

How could he ever afford to confront the rogue king without Alarick's help? Alarick had given him two more months to prove to him that he could train his men and make them into top warriors, but how could he if even his Luna was not taking her job seriously? She was too preoccupied to keep her image by shopping and eating in fancy restaurants with her friends to show off to other Luna. She had completely disregarded her work in the pack, leaving it up to Skylar to carry all the weight and responsibilities.

The pack was chaos and was just now taking note of it. The guards and warriors were badly trained, his luna was out of control, and to make matters worse, the king had threatened to be back again. It was only a matter of time before that happened. Why... Why did the rogue King want his dad so badly?

Meanwhile, his Luna, Leah drives down to a new cafe just downtown in the neighboring town. She had overheard that the lunas of the other packs loved coming to brunch and would sit together. She wanted to badly show off her new Louboutin red pumps with a matching purse. She had begged Skylar for nearly three weeks until he finally caved in to buy them, and she was not going to waste time showing them off. If there was one thing she was good at, it was exhibiting herself in front of competing Lunas.

For Leah, it was not about who was doing the best job at taking care of their pack work or taking care of Luna's duties, it was about which Luna was better dressed. Who wore the most expensive shoes and drove the fanciest car, or wore the latest dress? If she had to, she'd get on her knees and beg for her closet to have the latest brands, even if it meant cutting the budget elsewhere.

She happily parks her car and grabs her purse, flipping her hair as she makes her way with her friends inside. The other Lunas sit together at a far-end table with their friends enjoying their cocktails and gossiping. "Hello, ladies." she greets, giving each a kiss with a big smile.

"I'm serious. I heard it loud and clear, the Dark Moon Pack finally has a luna." one of the luna says, making the other girls gasp in shock. "No way! I wonder why he hasn't announced it yet, though. Why would he keep it from everyone? Do we know who she is? We haven't heard about it from the council either. Are you sure this is true?" another adds, making them think twice. Leah takes a seat next to her and wonders if what she just heard is real. "Wait, what is this about Alarick finding a Luna?" she asks, making them look at her in disbelief at using his first name so casually.

"Alarick?" one of the Luna asks. "You use his first name, are you that familiar with him?" she adds, making Leah give a smug smile, flipping her hair. "Well, if you must know. Ricky has been protecting our pack since Sky took over. He's practically family now." she says, making the girls gasp in shock.

"Anyway, as I was saying, I heard he found his Luna. But it could be that they were bluffing. What do you guys think?", "I think it's possible. He seems... Different. More, manly don't you think?" a Luna says, making the girls fan themselves admiring Alarick. "Me too. I heard about it from our beta's mate. She says she heard Margot talking to Luna Molly about it during breakfast this morning in college." Luna from another pack replied, making the other girls gasp.

Leah was distraught, she had specifically ordered Anna to notify her of anything weird in that pack, yet she hasn't heard anything from her. Her best bet was that the rumors were true and Alarick had sent them to work in the slumps as the slaves they were destined to be. She smiled in joy at the thought of Livie working hard and being mistreated by the Dark Moon Pack. It filled her with joy to think even Alarick's new mate and Luna could be doing her the favor of mistreating Olivia like she used to. If only she knew the truth. "Did they say who she was? Who is she? What pack did she come from?" the first Luna who talked asked.

"No. No one knows her name or what pack she's from."

"I bet she's from his own pack. Maybe she just turned of age and didn't know. I mean his pack is enormous.", "Plus-Their pack is very secretive, all I know is what I heard. All I know is that in the university they overheard Margot and Molly say they were in a hurry to leave because they were going to accompany their Luna to go shopping for new clothes," she says as if it was a grand announcement. "My goddess, can you imagine all the clothes and expensive shoes she must be getting?"

"Right? I mean, I heard she only wears Manolo Blahnik and Gucci."

"I heard her father-in-law gifted her shoes worth nearly 500 thousand dollars," they said, obviously now they were just exaggerating and making things up. But they weren't far from the truth, Alarick was making sure Livie had the best of the best. Everyone gasped in shock. Leah had no clue who this new Dark Moon Luna was, but she sure as hell felt envious of her. If only she could afford a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes.