The Dannelly Babies

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Livie

I walked toward the library, wanting to return a few books I had just finished reading. I couldn't help but smile as I walked inside and saw my brother sitting down reading a book. He was so entranced that he didn't realize I stood next to him, admiring his complexion. He still puckered his lips and furrowed his eyebrows like he used to as a kid when he was focused on what he was doing.

I chuckled, making him turn toward me. "Hey, sis. When did you get here? I didn't hear you walk in." he asks, making me roll my eyes as I smile foolishly. I kissed his cheek and sat next to him. "Just now. What are you reading?" I asked, making him clear his throat as he looked at the back of the book and showed me the cover. "Uh, Pound The Stone, by,"

"Joshua Medclaff," I said, feeling proud. "Good choice," I added, making him chuckle. "So you've read it?"

"I have. A few times. And if you ask me, you resonate quite more than I do to Jason." I said, making him laugh as I compared him with the protagonist. My brother, just like that book, knew quite well to be resilient, and brave and overpower his fear.

"So... hey, Ella was telling me that you refused to take over Silver Moon," I asked as I placed my hand over his, making him clear his throat. "I did," he said, making me sigh.

"But... why? I thought this was what you wanted. You've been fighting to regain the pack."

"I did... but, I don't know. I thought maybe getting rid of Noah and regaining the pack would make me feel better, but... I'm not so sure now. Dad is still strong. He deserves to take over, not me. Besides, I have members in my own group to take care of."

"What about Ricky's offer?"

"No. Liv. I appreciate the help, but letting us stay here for the meantime is help enough."

"Brandon. We are not doing it to make you feel less. We want what is best for you and your pack. For Silver Moon pack. Don't you think joining them would make the two better?" I asked, pursing my eyebrows in hopes that he understood my concern.

"How? They can't stand rogues. No one can. We are misunderstood. They see us as feral, savages. I get that many turn primal and go about causing harm to others, but we are not all the same. I have fought hard to get all of those members out of danger and keep them safe."

"As any alpha would. But the fact is, Skylar has been asked to step down. He is supposed to be your best, but as you can tell... he might be taking over Maddy's pack. Brandon, Silver Moon might not be as protected as they should if you don't become their alpha. Dad is strong... I get it. I believe it. But for how long? He's still recovering from his injuries. They need you. A good leader, a strong leader. If you and Dad don't take the position, they could appoint any random alpha who could go the same path as Noah." I said, making him sigh as he bit the side of his bottom lip and looked down in thought.

"I guess I never thought of it that way. I... I need to think about it. If you don't mind Sis, I'm going to go for a walk. You should go and rest, that pup is going to take a lot out of you." he says, tapping my nose with his finger playfully, making me laugh.

"I suppose you're right. Take care, I'll see you and Ella for dinner." I say as he stands up and kisses my cheek. "Will do, little sis," he adds before he taps the book over his hand and walks away.

(months later)

As the days went by and everything settled back into a comfortable pace, Ricky and I were kept busy. The days turned colder, and soon the first signs of winter came, covering the grounds with a thick white blanket of snow and making the days shorter, and nights longer.