A New Mate

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Third Person POV (a few days later)

Leah has been avoiding a conversation with Skylar. She knows he's found his fated mate, and she is trying her hardest not to be rejected. By this, I mean she's been running from him every time he wants to talk. But little does he know that Leah has also found her mate.

She was automatically attracted to him. His lean hard body was filled with battle wounds, filled with all the right muscles in all the right places. The scar over his eye that made him just more interesting. But- if she was so infatuated with him, why was she avoiding Skylar and the rejection from him?

Surely, she didn't care about him or what happened to him or his pack. Let alone whatever happens to Madelyn. Hell- she was frustrated, irritated, and filled with anger that she relished, taking all of her frustration out on Madelyn, her new target.

She hadn't slept in the same room as Skylar. He had been sleeping in separate quarters since the day of the rescue mission. She smelled the scent of her true mate and loved it, but he was unphased by her presence. It broke her, knowing he was so indifferent to her.

How dare he act so indifferent? Didn't he know she wanted him? Needed him? Desired him.

"Leah.... Leah wait." Skylar grabs Leah by the arm and pulls her back gently as she tries to continue to walk away from him. "WHAT... Skylar? What the hell do you want? Haven't you had enough drooling over that tramp and following her around like a fucking lost pup?" she spat a Him, making him growl in annoyance.

"You forget who you're talking to, Leah. I am still your alpha, regardless of our situation."

"Oh, please. Since when do I have to watch how I talk to you? You're so pathetic. Don't try to act all tough with me now that you found your new fuck-toy." she says, making Skylar growl louder. His primal instincts got the best of him for a second, grabbing Leah by the throat and pressing her against the wall behind them.

"Watch your tone with me, woman. I am tired of taking your shit. You know we can't continue with this farce. We are not true mates and you have obviously never cared for my pack." he says, squeezing tighter around her neck.

"Skylar!" his mom calls out to him, making him enter into reason. He lets go of a scared Leah, making her gasp for air as she holds her neck and coughs.

"What is going on here?" she asks, looking at them worriedly.

"Oh, mom... Skylar is going mad. Can you believe he's trying to reject me? Me! His chosen mate and wife." she says, making Skylar's mom roll her eyes.

"Leah dear... cut the crap. You and I both know you can care about my son and the pack, let alone the Luna's title. Do you think I don't know that all you wanted was the rich and luxurious life that came with the title? If I didn't know better, I would think you were Noah's daughter and not my son. You are just as covetous and greedy as Noah is." she says, making Leah angry.