Leaving the Silver Moon Pack

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Livie

The rest of the morning, Molly, Selene, and I talked. Mostly them, but still. I learned that Rick also lost his mom through a rogue attack. He and Molly were just weeks old when that happened, so they have absolutely no memory of her. If it weren't for pictures his dad kept, they would have never learned what she looked like, but from what Molly tells me, she was beautiful.

When we were talking, the omegas came in and brought us breakfast. They tried to talk to me, but Molly warned me not to tell them I was Alarick's mate. They were uncertain if Alpha Morrison could do something against us if he knew. "Trust me, he'll try to use it to his advantage. So until your attachment to this pack is severed, don't say anything." She begged, and well, I had no intention of telling them.

No one in this pack has ever been nice to me. If they were trying to make amends because I was leaving, they could keep their apologies. Like Molly said, I don't need them.

After we had breakfast, the two left and gave me time to shower and bathe until we could go to my house to pick out anything I may want to keep. I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye to my house. It was the only place of peace, even if it was falling apart.

I stood under the hot water. The shower flow was minimal, but hey- I had hot water for the first time in so long. I mean, I know I'm probably venting here, but Alpha Morrison doesn't allow hot water to any of the omegas. I know that for a fact because the rest of the omegas come in shivering on cold days. Even with sweaters, it's still too cold having to walk out after a cold shower because the water is freezing.

On rainy days and snow days, the pack that's allowed food from the pack house takes turns coming in to eat because there is not enough room, but for hot summer days or days when the weather is dry skies, they eat outside on those foldable tables and chairs.

I sigh as I indulge in the water. I'm pretty sure I look like a shrimp by now. I was boiling myself in here, but for the first time, I didn't care. For the first time, I knew they couldn't tell me or do anything to me if I stayed in there for over an hour, maybe longer. They wouldn't dare enter Rick's room without his permission. Even- if he is a guest in this house!

After I finally feel like the water is starting to get cold, I turn the water off, satisfied with myself, and get out. I changed into the clothes Molly had brought me, feeling a bit conscious because of the undergarments she had picked for me. It was a matching black lace, very pretty but very see-through—nothing I am used to.

I glanced at myself in the mirror, combing my hair with Rick's brush. It felt good to finally brush my hair. "Hi-hi. Livie?" Molly asks, opening the door. "Good, you're set. Here. I took a while coming back because..." she says, coming in and taking a white shoe box out of a bag. "Ricky told me you needed shoes," Molly says, widening my eyes as she hands me a pair of shoes. They're a nice pair of black shoes with the word TOM in the back. They look really comfy.

"Who the hell used up all the hot water? I can't even bathe in peace! Grrrr!" I hear Leah screaming down the hall, and for the first time, I feel satisfaction. Molly and I look at each other before bursting into laughter. "She'll get over it." She says, making me chuckle as I sit and slip the shoes on. I look at them in admiration as I see that they are a perfect fit.

"I. NEED.HOT.WATER. NNNOOOOWWWW!" Leah yells again, and I somewhat feel bad. The omegas must be going crazy trying to figure out what to do.

"That was Leah, right? Goddess, she's going to be one of those power-hungry Luna's. I feel bad for those girls dealing with someone so problematic." Molly says, and I agree. "Come on, we should get going. We only have about an hour before we leave. My dad should be expecting us. He's eager to meet you." Molly says, making my eyes widen in shock.

"Wait... your dad?" I ask, wide-eyed, making her chuckle. "We'll, yeah. Did you forget you gotta meet your in-law? Come on, silly. Let's go get your stuff." She says, dragging me out. "But, what about his stuff?" I say as we walk down the hall.

The omegas and everyone else can't help but stare at us as she drags me by the hand. I can see them whispering and giving me weird looks. It makes me want to hide, but I follow Molly. "Don't worry about Ricky. Zane will come and get all of his stuff." She says, as I take a big breath and hold it until we are almost out of the pack house.

We finally made it to my house. And the emotions get the best of me. I run my hands through my parents' stuff, and I'm crying without notice. There is not much I want to take, because most of my clothes are in bad shape and I'm thinking, what in the world am I going to wear? I have no money, no clothes. Will I be an adequate Luna if I can't even afford the right clothes?

I grab a small tote mom had, and I fill it with little trinkets. She had a collection of tiny porcelain pups that I used to love playing with when  I was little. My brother and I used to fight for the little gray one all the time until one day when it broke. It broke off one of the legs, and Mom had tossed it out, but I secretly took it out of the garbage and hid it. When I was older and had forgotten about it, I found it again.

That's when I took advantage of three-dimensional art and fixed it. I had snuck a tiny portion of clay, glued it together, and mended it. It was my favorite one because... it was the one that looked the most like my brother's wolf. After crying and placing all the pups in my tote, I glanced all around my house one last time, trying to remember every bit of it before I finally came outside, where they waited.

When we went back to the pack, I saw him. There he was, standing in all his glory, ready to go. He sensed my presence as our scents hit each other. I couldn't help but look down to mask my smile.

The other four omegas were there waiting. And no one else was there to say goodbye except Skylar, his beta, gamma, and guards. Leah stood by the door with arms crossed and smiling in victory. But little did she know next time we saw each other, if ever, she would be looking at me with different eyes as well.

We were boarded in different cars and took off. But right as soon as we were miles off the border and we all felt the pull of new to our pack break, Rick ordered all the cars to stop. He got us out, said a few words welcoming and accepting us into his pack, and we got back in. This time-  he sat in the same car as me as we sat next to each other.

My new pack awaited, and I was already anxious.

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨