Joining The Council

Livie

I paced back and forth as I waited for my father-in-law to come back home. Ricky acted far too strange on me, and I just knew something was up. It didn't take me much digging. It was quite simple actually.

All I had to do was talk to Margot.

Zane keeps nothing from her. And when I mean nothing- I mean nothing. She knew what I was going at, and well... at first, she was adamant. She would not budge, but I knew how to make my little bird sing. I had Desiree help by what I knew Marogt could not resist. Books!

Margot loves reading. Desiree was able to download hundreds of books for free on her device, all free! And I mean books that would normally have to pay at least twenty bucks or more to read.

My little bird sang like the biggest Canary. But I was pissed.

How could my brother and Ricky keep this from me? I had no choice but to tell my father-in-law what was happening.

If the council found out about this, they would be in so much trouble.

The car stopped in front of the packhouse, and I took off like a bullet, standing in front of the entrance with my hands on my hips. "Calm down, Livie. You'll scare him away!" Freya suggests, making me growl.

"Baby, I can explain. Save it. Dinner is almost ready. Ricky... Hunter better be here." I said before turning on my heel and walking away. "Wow, you two are in big trouble." my brother says, making me growl and stop in my tracks.

"You too, Brandon. Dad is expecting you for dinner as well." I say, turning and giving both a glare.

They look at each other like worried pups and sigh as they hang their heads. "Zane, Margot is waiting for you in the library," I told Zane, making him clear his throat nervously. "Th- thank you, Luna. Excuse me, Alpha," he says, walking past them.

"But,"

"Dinner will be ready in two hours. You boys have plenty of time to shower and get ready. Don't. Be. Late." my father-in-law says, pointing at them.

Another car pulls up, and guards rush to the car, pulling out Alpha Noah who is covered in blood and bruised everywhere. I felt remorse for a second, but then saw Alpha Hector get out as well. All the things Madelyn had told me a put came back to mind and I gritted my teeth.

"They deserve what's coming to them. Livie." Freya says in my head.

"Whatever. I don't care about them anymore. They can rot in a dungeon for all I care. I just want to make sure Ricky and Brandon are not dragged into this mess anymore." I State, fisting my hands and raising my head high.

"Noah, oh honey." I hear his wife say as she comes out running. After all this time, after everything he had done, she still loved him. How could she stand to be with such a bad man? I will never understand her.

I turn, rolling my eyes as I see the guards refuse her to get close to him as he gets taken away into custody. "The council will be here shortly for them. Make sure they are well taken care of." my father-in-law commands, making our guards tilt their heads in respect. "Yes, Alpha Lucian," they say as they drag both men away.

"No. Please... don't hurt him," she calls out after them as he gets taken away.

It took no time for the council to arrive. Alpha Noah and Alpha Hector were placed in silver shackles around their hands, waist, and legs. They were both given a silver collar with needle-like points inside to keep them from trying to shift.

Our pack members murmured as they witnessed everything. Noah and Hector were finally going to be put away for good. There was no escaping this time.

"You... you traitor. You told them about me, didn't you? I should have killed you when I had the chance." Hector yells out as he sees Madelyn.

I could see a hint of pain in her eyes as he tried to launch himself at her. Skylar steps in front of her, punching him on his jaw, and making him fall to the ground.

Everyone gasped, including myself as I had not been aware they had arrived. I hadn't heard a word from Leah's whereabouts, and it worried me a bit. I was sure she would soon get over her tantrum and return with them. Especially knowing she was in big trouble for what she had caused back at the diner.

Regardless of it all, I had business to take care of. News of other girls still being out there under other mean alphas had gotten to me, and I needed my brother, Ricky, Kaiden, and Hinter to get together and save them.

"Take him away." my father-in-law commands, gesturing to the king's guards. They nod, grabbing Noah and Hector and placing them in a vehicle. They speed away, but not before thanking my father-in-law and shaking his hand.

Margot, Desiree, Molly, and I had already gotten all of the evidence and given it to my father-in-law. It wouldn't be long before they rot in jail or get sentenced to death.

"You, you, and you, dinner table, now," I demand, pointing to my brother, Ricky, and Hunter. They give each other concerned stares, making Kaiden chuckle as he stands next to his dad, Alpha Blake.

"You too, Kaiden," Molly adds, making him silent. He hangs his head as they all walk past me and make their way to a dinner table secluded from our pack. It was one of the few times we would be eating separately from our pack during dinner. But it was something that needed to be done.

Maybe our packs were finally free from Noah's wrath and Leah's drama, but just as there are good alphas leading their packs to the best of their abilities, there are many corrupt alphas who need to be dealt with.

"The council and the king have placed their trust in you guys for a reason. We can't put our guard down now. We have so many more people to save. So... what do you guys say? Are you in, or out?" my father-in-law asks them as he lands the bomb on them.

The king was more than happy with the work they had done. So many corrupt alphas were under arrest thanks to them, that the king wanted to assign them to keep fighting against all the corruption.

"No. I'm sorry, but, count me out. I'm not working for the king. I do my own thing. As I have all this time." my brother says, making me purse my eyebrows in concern.

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice, rogue King." My father-in-law in law says.

"The hell I do!"

"Listen. You can either join the group, or you can join Noah and Hector. Many packs were destroyed and as of now, you are still considered a main suspect."

"Fuck no. You know I didn't attack any of them. I was there to help them. It was Noah and all those greedy assholes alphas who were attacking those lands." my brother adds, standing up angrily.

"Brandon! Sit down." my dad says, giving him a warning glare.

"Well.... We know that, and you know that... and they know that. But the evidence, son. There is little evidence of your benefit, and lots of it pointing against you. They are willing to discharge all that evidence IF... you are willing to help." alpha Blake Landonadds, making my brother hit the table slightly with his fist.

"Brandon, take this as a sign. If it wasn't for you, I would probably be dead. Many of us would be dead. Please... my friend is still out there somewhere. I would hate to find that she's dead and all because no one is willing to be out there and fight for them." Maddy adds with tears threatening to fall in her eyes.

"She's right. We are obligated to do what's right as the leaders of our packs. We have to do this." Ricky adds, making me smile with pride as my eyes get watery.

Sure, this meant new struggles and more risks. But it was for the best. I went through hell for so many years. I hate to think there are many other girls going through the same situation as I did, or worse.

"So... what do you say? Are you in?" I ask, giving my brother puppy eyes. He looked at me, and his expression softened, making him sigh.

"Fuck.... Fine. I'm in." he says, making me smile from ear to ear.