Consequences, part 2

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Livie

"This can't be good. Did you check and make sure it wasn't her? Yeah, I know this is bad, but you gotta check... damn it! OK, I'll talk to the council. I'm sure they can take care of this." I sat at the edge of Ricky's desk, listening to him talk over the phone with Hunter.

There had been an accident on their way to look for Leah. couldn't quite listen, because Hunter was sure to speak low, and Ricky also had his volume at its lowest. Both of them have very sensitive hearing, and can probably hear what is happening a mile away, if not more.

He hangs up the phone, frustrated, and sighs with his head hanging. "Is everything okay?" I asked, placing my hand on his shoulder.

He wraps his hand around my waist and pulls me onto his lap. "No. Just when we had Noah, he disappeared on us again, and now I need to go and take care of another incident caused by Leah. Damn it, babe! This girl is going to expose our world and all because of her stupid actions." he says, making me worried as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Why? What happened?" I ask and hug him around his head as he places his head on my chest. "I fucking hate adulting today. I am so done," he says, making me chuckle.

He tells me everything, from the attack inside the diner to the murmurs of the workers being horrified that they saw a girl who looked possessed and attack three men inside, ripping them to pieces. "Well, at least now we know Leah can fight. You just need to piss her off for him to do it." I said jokingly, making Ricky look at me with a scold.

"Just kidding," I said, making him chuckle. "Yeah, I suppose you're right though. I need to talk to Dad. See what he and the council can do about it, we need to act quickly though. We can't have her or anyone expose us to the human world. They're not ready for us. We'd be hunted, like in the old days." he says, making me worried.

There was a time when every creature was free to roam freely in the world and share the lands with the humans, but the humans were weak and didn't understand many of our costumes. They began to gather and caused feuds, wars, and misunderstandings among our own. We had to separate ourselves from them.

For their own good and their protection, we had to separate ourselves. Otherwise- mankind or the human race as we know it, would have become extinct.

"What do I do? Do you need me to help with anything?" I ask, standing up and looking at him worriedly. "No, baby. You go with your normal schedule. I'll take care of this, ok? Don't worry about it. There's been other incidents like these, and the council always takes care of it. There are a few groups of humans that do know of our existence, and they are always willing to help. We'll get in contact with them and ask for their help again." he says, making me feel a bit more at ease.

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Alarick

"I hate keeping secrets from Livie. If she finds out, she's going to kill me." I say as I walk next to Zane with my hands fisted. He tilts his head slightly and sighs.

"Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that if she finds out the truth, she's probably going to go psycho on you, dude," Zane adds with a chuckle, making me grunt inwardly.

The truth is, that Hunter and I are keeping a big secret from everyone, including Livie and the council. We found Noah trying to escape the other night when we went to rescue the girls and Brandon. Or more like... Hunter caught him. He also caught Hector, for which, I gotta give him extra points for that shit.

Hunter has them locked up in his dungeon, and he refuses to give them up to the council. Truthfully, no one knows they are both in his dungeon, Hunter has been keeping them busy and giving them a warm welcome for all the shit they did to his sister and the girls that they had in Hector's dungeon.

He was going to just scare Hector off a little and kill Noah, but after I talked to him and told him everything they had been up to, he lost it. When Hunter was a young teen, and we both got sent out to the King's Academy, he found out his high school crush had been missing.

It wasn't until we both got to go back home from the Academy that he found out she was no longer in her pack. She had been sold off by her dad, the beta of her pack to one of these scumbag excuses for alpha. We never found her, and he was heartbroken.

He swore that he would never take a mate, and honestly, I feel a little bad for Leah, but I get how this affected him. He was madly in love with this girl for the longest time. He always hoped that she was his mate.

"Are we ready to go?" Brandon says as he fixes the button on the sleeve of his jacket. I had already gotten in contact with the council about what was happening with Leah.

They are going to be busy for a while, at least enough for us to do what we need to do. "Yeah. Are you sure you want to go through with this? You don't have to do this, you know. We can take care of everything." I said, looking at him as I opened the door to my car.

I didn't want anyone to know where we were heading, and Hunter was wise enough to convince Skylar to let him tag along while they looked for Leah, this way, he would ensure that he kept him away for long enough to go with our plan.

"I wouldn't miss this for anything. It's time Noah knew who I really was. It's payback time," he says as he gets in the car on the passenger side, making Zane and I exchange worried looks.

I am not going to take it easy on Noah, he's going to pay for everything he did to those girls, but I especially want to pay him back for all the shit he made my wife go through.

I tilt my head and sigh, signaling to Zane to get in. I turn the engine on and make my way to Hunter's pack. Noah has no clue where he is, and he especially doesn't know that I am on my way.

"It's payback. That asshole will regret ever messing with my sister," Hunter writes back soon as I let him know we are on our way to his dungeons. "Make sure he gets a good look at my sister before you finish him off. She has to be the last damn thing he sees before he dies." he writes back, and I immediately erase all traces of the texts afterward.

"Let's roll," I say as I place the car into drive and speed off.

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨