Impertinence

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Livie ✨

I bit my tongue trying not to talk back to the man. It was useless to try and reason with an imbecile so closed-minded to his own affairs and selfish beneficial priorities.

You'd think Leah was his daughter and not Skylar. They were more alike. Both oozed greed, both were selfish to the core and entitled to an extent to play the perfect narcissist.

So, I simply smiled, biting my tongue, swallowing my pride and words, and clearing my throat. "It's good to see you well and safe, alpha Morrison," I said politely, interlacing my fingers before turning on my heel and walking away quickly. He was ready to go after me, I could tell, he didn't like being ignored.

I've known quite well to not walk away without his consent in the past. If it was still those days, he would have already grabbed me by the hair and beaten me in front of everyone without hesitation while I cowered away, balling into a fetal position to protect myself. But guess what? It was different now.

I could care less if he had more to say. He will not keep stepping over me. I will stand my ground. And neither him, nor Leah, or this... Rogue King...will make me feel inferior ever again.

He took a step forward. I could hear the faint growl from Ricky's throat, ready to rip his head off, but Skylar stopped Alpha Noah. "Uh... By the way Dad, I, uh, I could use your advice on a few things. Why don't we talk on our drive to Alpha Rick's pack?" he says, making me grunt inwardly.

Alpha Noah chuckles and turns back toward his car along Skylar's side. "Sky, Sky. There is so much you still have to learn, son. Come on, I have a few ideas you should hear. Starting with a better dungeon." he says, making me feel disgustedly annoyed.

Just as Ricky didn't reveal who I was, neither did Skylar. I think... Maybe, Skylar had caught onto us. He knew we were up to something, I just hope he doesn't ruin it for us.

We helped everyone settle into the vehicles before going on our way. Skylar had left with his father and Gunther, in their car. I really hoped he wasn't trying anything shady like the shenanigans Leah pulled on her first day in our pack. The last thing I need is for Alpha Noah to act like he can run our pack.

I know Ricky will not allow it, but if he so damn well thinks he can, I will not be able to refrain from speaking out.

I have a feeling I will not be able to keep this secret forever if that happens- because I will not stand by to watch him be impertinent or a half-witted cretin with my pack. I swear I will send him to our dungeons to give him a little taste of his own damn medicine.

"Luna Olivia, could I please... Leave in your vehicle?" Luna Morrison asked, making me look at her quizzically. What was she going about? Is she really trying to help us? Or could this be a part of his damn plan? I will not be so naive anymore.

Still... I couldn't be so hard on her either. She was a friend of Mom for a while anyway. "Of course. Please, take a seat." I said, gesturing to our vehicle.

She vowed, before going in and taking a seat at the far end of the car and didn't speak another word. She rested her head on the window, letting silent tears roll as she looked out toward the wreckage left by the fire. She wiped them away as fast as they were rolling down.

I get her. I've fallen so in love with my pack, that if it ever happened to us, I'd also be in tears.

This whole day was draining.

I fell asleep halfway home, resting my head on Ricky's lap. I woke up with him caressing my cheek and combing my hair with his fingers lightly.

We got out and I am ready to go to sleep. But my pack was waiting for us. They hugged us, smothering us with tears of joy to see us return. They had water, juices, coffee, and food for everyone. They gave out treats for the little kids, welcoming everyone as they unboarded the cars.

The Silver Moon pack looked at our territory in awe, looking around like lost puppies. They have been looking at me the whole day with fear, not knowing if it was ok to approach me. I hate it.

They were all rude to me before, and now that they see my changes and my new position in this pack... It was as if they feared me. It's not the feeling I want to lure. I want to be respected, not feared.

This is the time I am thankful for mind links. Zane had long ago contacted the pack, and my girls got to work. They had been able to find accommodation for everyone temporarily for the night until we figured things out tomorrow morning. All that was left now was to get them to their temporary place. But not before they rested and had a bite to eat.

"Don't worry, I made sure they placed alpha Noah and Gunther far away from us. My father has offered to have them stay in his wing in the extra rooms. Believe me, if they even try something shady, my father will put them in their place. He's an old wolf, but he's a menace if he has to. No one can pull the wool over that man. If alpha Noah thinks he's tough, he's obviously never met my father." Ricky says as we finally walked toward the stairs to go to our room, making me chuckle.

"I'd like to see him try," I said, making Ricky chuckle.

"Come on, we can both need a nice shower to relax before bed," he says, making an involuntary moan escape me. Since a hot shower does sound good indeed. "Yes. Sounds perfect. I can go for a nice long shower." I say, closing my eyes.

But I grunt as we make it toward the second floor and I see Leah walking happily along Evelyn's side. They were going toward Leah's room and had loads of bags in their hands. Clearly, the two had gone out shopping while her damn pack was under fire, burning everything in its way.

Her hair had been freshly made, and she had a brand new change of clothes. My blood boiled at this point and I was ready to go off on her, but Ricky gripped my hand tightly. "Let it go. Tomorrow is a new day. We'll deal with her later. I'm sure her mate will give her an ear full." Ricky says as a low growl escapes me.

I could feel Freya, she was just as mad as I was with her impertinence. How can she be so carefree under these circumstances? Did she care so little for their pack? They are completely homeless. SHE is homeless.

Does she not realize that?

And to make matters worse, she is still spending, as if she has all the money in the world to do so. My goddess, I need to cool down. I need to leave before I ignore Ricky and rip Leah and Evelyn's heads off.

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨