Nightmares

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Livie

I stirred in my sleep. I knew I was caught in a dream, but it didn't matter how hard I tried to wake up, I couldn't do it. I couldn't wake up.

In my dream, I was stuck in a paradox. I replayed the day of the attack when my mom died and my brother was attacked. In a few scenarios, my brother died as well. In others, he vanished and I was left all alone. I sat crying in the middle of the overgrown field, alone. Slowly... I could hear the stirring of the grass as the stench of a rogue nears me.

I can't describe it. Each pack member has its own scent, but you can somehow tell when it's a rogue. They smell different. More...animalistic, wild, and tainted. Just like a human would if he bathed, but didn't have the luxury to own adequate hygienic supplies.

The last dream I had was the worst. Ricky and I lay on a picnic blanket with a tray of fruit and wine glasses next to us. We laughed, as I lay on my back and he lays beside me, caressing my hair. He leans down from time to kiss me on my lips.

Suddenly, we are attacked, and we are surrounded by wolves. Ricky and I shift onto Black and Freya, and we begin to fight with them, ripping the heads of many of them as we fight for our lives. But as the fight breaks off, a massive gray wolf with fiery eyes emerges, and he knocks me unconscious. When I awake, Ricky is gone, and no trace is left of him other than a trail of blood.

That image plays again and again in my dream, t0rmenting me. I cry and scream, looking for him frantically from one corner to the other, but no matter how hard I try to find him, I can't. Not until I run and come to a small river. Ricky's body lies lifeless by the river. I run, gripping his trailed lifeless body, and scream.

"Please, Ricky. Please, wake up. Don't leave me. Please!" I yell, begging for him to come back to me. Yet- nothing.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Alarick

I woke up to Livie whimpering in her sleep. She gripped the pillow to her body, clinging tightly to it as if for dear life. It worried me. She's been having nightmares for the past two days, but she doesn't want to talk about them.

"Livie. Livie, baby, wake up." I say as I shake her lightly and caress her hair softly away from her face. "Ricky! Please, don't leave me," she whispers, crying. She was crying actual tears. I have no damn clue what she was dreaming but it worried me.

"Baby, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

"Ricky...RICKY!" she yells put, suddenly waking up and jolting up. "Livie. Livie, it's ok, sweetheart. I'm right here." I say, and she looks at me with horror on her face before she begins to cry. Her arms wrap tightly around my neck, and she sobs in my arms.

"Ricky. I... I had a really bad nightmare. You... Ricky, please. Promise me, you'll never leave me. Please, promise me." she pleads, tightening her hold around my neck.

"Baby, it was just a nightmare. It's ok, relax. I'm right here, everything is ok now. I'm fine, ok? Sshhh, relax sweetheart. Relax." I say as I rock her softly, hugging her and running my hand up and down her back soothingly. "Promise me. Promise me you'll never leave," she repeats.

I don't understand what is happening, and I'm not sure if she wants to talk about it, but I want to make her feel better. It kills me to see her like this. It hurts really bad to see her this way, it fucking hurts. I hold her tightly, and kiss the top of her head, sighing deeply. "I promise. I promise I will never leave you, baby. I will never leave you." I whisper as she continues to cry.

Little by little, she begins to relax. Her sobbing calms to silent hiccups and sniffles. But she refuses to let go until I finally get her to lie down next to me. I run my hand over her back, soothing her softly. By the time she's relaxed, I get her to finally talk to me.

When she comes to the part of the wolf who attacks me, my heart drops. I doubt she has ever seen the rogue king, but she described his wood perfectly. How could this be? Would he dare to attack me again? I know he and I have butted heads in the past, but we have both stopped before any of us truly get hurt.

Would he take action next time and keep his word to attack me next time I impede his attack toward the Silver Moon pack? The question still singers in thought. Why does he want to attack this pack? They are already vulnerable as it is. Is his hatred toward Morrison this severe? What the hell did Morrison do to earn such hatred from that guy?

I am so damn frustrated. I have so much to deal with in my own pack, and trying to help Dad and Alpha Landon with this investigation of Morrison. Now I have to watch my back and, make sure he doesn't go back on his word. What if he tries to attack my pack? I know they are more than ready to defend themselves, but we have so many elders and kids that are vulnerable as well.

After a while, I manage to get Livie back to sleep. But I'm left sleepless the rest of the night, lost in thought. Black can't seem to relax as well. He feels how agitated our mate is. He can't help but worry about her. I stare silently at the moon and stars, hoping I can always protect her. If it came to that point, I rather die than see her get hurt.

The rogue king is someone no one wants to mess with. He's never been the kind to joke when he makes a threat. And he's already warned me once. Next time, there might be more than bloodshed. Let's just hope, there isn't any life lost on either end.

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨