~:*:~ Seventeen ~:*:~

Ian

Ian's Msg            ***            Chace's Msg

Where you at,

shithead?

Just grabbing some

pizza for us

Mushrooms, onions,

bacon and

pepperoni, right?

Actually, I might just

do Hawaiian

as payback for that

shithead crack

Don't you dare!

Or maybe I'll just

skip on the pizza

all together... you

don't deserve

to eat

I'm sorry! Forgive

me, oh mighty one!!

I'll buy dessert

Oh yeah? And what

type of dessert do

I like?

Given the heat

of the day, I'd say

you're in the mood

for a Drumstick

You're forgiven.

I'll meet you at

Massey in 20 min

I made a U-turn to head back towards the student centre. There was a mini-mart inside that sold essentials and a few treats for students. I paid for the drumsticks and began to run back to Massey in hopes of beating Chace back to the dorm.

We seemed to have an unspoken game of faking each other out on minor things. I was fairly certain that when he said he'd be back to Massey in twenty minutes, he really meant five or ten minutes. Or maybe he was already in the dorm with the pizza as he messaged me! He'd jokingly complain that I had taken too long to return and that the pizza was getting cold, so he just had to start eating without me. If that was the case, I'd certainly find a way to get back at him later.

I was completely lost in plotting my revenge as I ran through campus. I stupidly crashed into someone near the quad, sending us both to the ground with a hard thud.

I couldn't say if I was lucky or unfortunate- perhaps a bit of both- but I happened to know the girl that sat on the grass in front of me.

"Miriam?!"

"Ian!" Her eyes had grown just as wide as mine as she took me in.

"What are you doing here?" It came out rudely, like an accusation. But I was just startled. I tried to help her to her feet to make up for my tone, but she pulled away and stood up on her own.