~:*:~ Eighty-Three ~:*:~

Ian

The lock on my door clicked loudly, startling me out of my trance. I assumed Chace had finally had enough of living at a hotel for the past few days, and was now coming back to our room so we could properly hash things out and apologize to each other. But when the door swung open, only Leona stood out in the hallway with an agitated expression on her face.

This confused and startled me even more than had it been Chace. "How did you...?"

She stomped into the room and slammed the door behind her. "I stole this off of the idiot when he wasn't looking..." She swings Chace's key card on its lanyard for my benefit before continuing, "... though I don't suppose he'll care much when he discovers it's missing; it's not like you've given him much reason to come back here!"

While I was in class yesterday, Chace stopped by to grab the last of his things to permanently move into the hotel room until he found another dorm. He hadn't stepped a foot in Massey residence since.

I turned away from her and acted all disinterested as I said, "Why should I give him a reason to come back when I'm the one who wanted him gone in the first place? Everything's worked out in my favour, so why are you still harping on this?"

"Because you're a lying sack of shit, that's why! I know this isn't what you wanted, Ian! And it certainly isn't what Chace wanted-"

I spun back towards her to lash out, "All Chace ever wanted was to fuck as many girls as he could get his hands on, no matter who they belonged to-"

"FIRST OF ALL..." She said loudly to shut me up, then proceeded to scold me for my inappropriate words, "... no woman belongs to you! I don't care if you're dating Lexi, dumping Miriam, or fucking Angel! No matter their relationship to you, you don't own them!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like-"

She spoke loudly again to demand silence. "AND SECOND... you know that Chace never wanted any of those girls! We've been over this already, Ian! All Chace has ever wanted is you, so why the fuck would he mess that up by hitting on a girl you're already crushing on or screwing?!"

"HE HAD ME! I was willing to be his friend until the day we both died, but he proved time and time again that our friendship wasn't as important as the prospect of getting laid!"

"HE NEVER HAD SEX WITH THOSE GIRLS! HE DIDN'T EVEN KISS THEM OR TOUCH THEM INAPPROPRIATELY! IT WAS ALL THEM-"

"SHUT UP, LEONA! You weren't there! You didn't see it with your own eyes."

"But you did, so tell me that I'm wrong! Tell me that he was the one forcing himself on the girls and not the other way around!" She dared.

I remained silent, unable to tell this lie.

"You see! You know that he isn't at fault here..."

I couldn't help but continue to fight back, not wanting to admit that this was all in my head and that I was just mad for other reasons. "BUT THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE I CAUGHT THEM BEFORE THINGS COULD GO FURTHER! Had I not shown up when I did, I'm sure he would have made out with Lexi in that locker room. And if I didn't call him out on his feelings for Miriam, he would have definitely gone out on a secret date with her. And when I found him with Angel?! Well, I'm sure he only played the victim for my sake; had they continued, he would have easily dominated her for a quick fuck!"

Leona snatched a book off of the nearby shelf and aggressively hurled it at me. I only just dropped to the floor in time before it collided loudly with the back of my desk chair.

"THAT'S UTTER BULLSHIT! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO IDIOTIC, IAN! WHEN CHACE SAID IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM TO EVER APPROACH THOSE GIRLS WITH SEXUAL INTENT, OR ANY OTHER GIRL FOR THAT MATTER, HE MEANT IT AS AN IRRUFUTABLE, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT TRUE FACT! LEXI, MIRIAM, ANGEL... EVEN ME... HE PHYSICALLY CAN'T DATE, FUCK OR FALL IN LOVE WITH ANY OF US! SO STOP SPOUTING SUCH RIDICULOUS LIES AND TRUST THAT HE'S NOT OUT TO HURT YOU!"