~:*:~ Fifty-Eight ~:*:~

Jesse

"Jesse, what the hell are we still doing here? I thought we were going to the movies..."

Layne nodded her head in agreement to her boyfriend's confusion, "If we don't leave soon, we're going to miss the last showings."

I laughed out loud as I placed my laptop on the windowsill, knowing that it was the best location for everyone to see the screen comfortably. "I never said that we were going to the movies... I just said we would watch some."

"Uhhh, okay... but how is this supposed to help us? Watching some bootleg version of the latest blockbuster seems like a stupid date idea. I'd rather just pay the admission price to watch it on the big screen. I'll even pay for your ticket if you intend to tag along again..." Tanner said the last part a little bitterly, probably because he was still embarrassed about our Dirty Dancing session.

I began to toss all my pillows from my bed onto Layne's bed. The side of her bed was pressed up against a wall, so I positioned all of our pillows to line up against the wall so we'd have something comfortable to lean against while watching. They both still stupidly stood in the middle of the room in a daze, waiting for me to explain or at least give up and just follow them out to the theater.

"It's already been paid for, so just sit." I instructed as I pointed at our makeshift couch.

"You bought the movie?! Dude, never pay for an online bootleg!" Tanner scoffed at my poor decision as he resigned himself to Layne's bed. "I suppose since you've already paid, we might as well watch it. What did you get?"

Layne crawled in beside Tanner. She snuggled up close and rested her head on his shoulder. "Is it that new teen rom-com? It's getting great reviews! I really wanted to see that one..."

I noticed Tanner rolling his eyes at her words. Teen rom-coms were probably not his thing, and yet I had a feeling that he obediently went to every single one with Layne during their high school days.

I shut the lights off and pressed play without telling them what we were about to watch. I then crawled onto the bed and sat with my side unnecessarily pressed up against Tanner. I could feel him flinch and then shiver as his flesh reacted to the warmth of mine. He probably wanted to shuffle away, but Layne gave him no space on her side so he had nowhere to go.

When the name of the porn site had finally flashed across the black screen, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Tanner's face had gone pale and his jaw dropped in horror. He must have recognized the website name after I logged him into my account the other night.

"We're watching porn?! What the fuck, Jesse!"

I shrugged like it was no big deal. "You guys said you were open to the idea of watching porn together, so that's what we're doing for tonight's session."

"I was open to the idea of Layne and me watching porn together! You were never supposed to be here with us!" Tanner sounded more embarrassed and worried than angry.

When I checked my play history earlier, I noticed that Tanner had let the gay porn video play for a fair while before he finally shut it off that night I teased him. I was intrigued by his sudden desire to actually watch it, and I wondered what made him stop.

I turned my face slightly to take in his full expression. Panic was definitely setting in as the credits finished rolling. His eyes looked crazed as they remained glued to the screen, and his hands were clenched into tight fists to stop them from shaking. I'm pretty sure I also saw a bead of sweat drip down the side of his face, but it was dark in the room so I might have been mistaken. But overall, the affect was exactly as I predicted.