~:*:~ Thirty-Six ~:*:~

Ian

The Sports Event was finally upon us, and our group couldn't have been more excited to dominate in the various games throughout the day.

The soccer tournament was the campus' most coveted win since our school was fairly known for its soccer team, and these games sort of acted as a pre-tryout before the real deal later on. If you got noticed today, you would get the endorsement of the senior team members to the coaches. So this wasn't just about getting a win for Massey residence for Nate, Jedson, Chace and I.

But the first game wasn't until noon. We had the morning to do our part in some of the other sporting events, or we just went along to cheer our friends on.

I was currently sitting in the stands with Leona as we watched Chace run around the basketball court with the other Massey freshmen. He wasn't amazing at playing, but he was good enough to ensure that we didn't lose by an embarrassing amount of points. It was because of his height that some of the seniors asked him to fill the empty slot on the team, as well as some comment from one of his fan club girls about seeing some pictures of him playing basketball in a park over the summer.

It looked like Jesse was also roped in for his stature as well, but that did nothing to make up for his complete lack of athletic ability or desire to even try. It was painfully obvious that he'd rather be in his room reading or taking his latest partner out on a date, but he said he sort of got cornered into participating by a senior that he had a crush on.

Leona was lacing up her shoes and tying her hair back in a ponytail in a hurry. "I've got to get going or else they're going to forfeit my place in the track and field competition. I'll see you guy's later, okay?" She stood up and lightly pinched my cheek playfully as she cooed, "Give Chace a kiss for me!"

I ignored her ridiculous request as I waved goodbye. "Good luck! Make sure to race circles around them all!"

The game didn't last much longer. We lost by about fourteen points which was better than anyone anticipated. But it wasn't good enough to move us on to the next round. Now Chace and I could focus all our attention on the soccer tournament. We had about an hour left before the start if we wanted to get a last minute practice in. I waited for him on the bleachers as he went into the locker room to rinse off and change.

He was taking too long. All the other players left over fifteen minutes ago. It wasn't like him to keep me waiting, so I figured I'd just head in there to see what was holding him up.

I opened the door to the men's room to find Chace sitting on a bench, shirtless and sweaty, with Lexi straddled on his lap. His hands were squeezing her arms, which were wrapped comfortably around his neck. It looked like he'd placed them there after pulling the girl on top of him. Their faces were inches apart. I wasn't sure if he was pulling her in to kiss or if they were breaking free of one.

Upon seeing me enter, Chace threw his hands up apologetically as Lexi freed herself from his grasp. She screamed and called him names as she ran towards me for safety. "Ian! Thank god you're here! He just pulled me into the locker room as I was looking for you, and then he forced me to touch him and kiss him-"

Chace looked completely outraged. "I did no such thing!" He cried out as he stood and moved towards me to explain, "Ian, come on man! You have to see that she's lying! I would never do something like this to you! I don't like Lexi, not even a little! She's a liar and a cheat... don't you see that?"

I was seething. "All I can see is my friend making a move on my girl when I thought we had a gentleman's agreement! I told you to STAY THE FUCK AWAY from Lexi, but you just can't seem to help yourself, huh?!"