~:*:~ Fifty-Nine ~:*:~

Ian

"Soooo, why didn't we invite Chace out to drink tonight?"

"Can't I get one night away from that fucking guy?!" I hollered back at Jedson as I briskly moved up to the bar to order us some shots. "Having a roommate is proving to be more suffocating than I'd expected."

Nate raised his voice to be heard over the roaring music, "And Leona? Why can't we call her-"

"Because she'll bring Chace! DUHHHH! And to be honest, I wasn't in the mood to see her right now either! Let the two of them stick together, right? We don't need them! It's a boy's night out! Let's get some ladies to hook up with!"

Nate and Jedson gave each other a look that showed their disinterest in my idea. Just to clarify that point, they each said respectfully:

"I'm sort of chasing Bright at the moment..."

"I've got my mystery-... person to think about."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance as I passed them each a shot. "Being hung up on one person sucks, okay? Take it from me! You two are being idiots. Face it... Bright is not interested, and your mystery girl just wants to remain a one-night stand! So just get over it already!"

"Fuck you, Ian." Jedson slammed his empty shot glass down. "I'm not giving up on Bright just because you're in a shitty mood and want to drag the rest of us down with you."

"He's not interested..." I cooed again as I reached for my sixth shot of the night, and then ordered another whisky on the rocks. "If he were, he would have responded to your confession by now! Have you even seen him since the Freshie Contest? No! So just cool it already, dude! Find some girl who actually wants to ride your dick, preferably before Chace steals them all..." I added bitterly.

Jedson looked like he was about to deck me for what I said about Bright's rejection, but Nate quickly stepped between us and redirected the conversation to our absent friend. "What exactly happened between you and Chace? Everything seemed fine earlier when you guys came to ask us out to play soccer, so what did you do-"

"What did I DO?! What makes you think that I did anything?!"

Nate let out an exasperated sigh before correcting himself, "Fine. Then what did Chace do to make you this angry? Why are you guys fighting this time?!"

"I'm just tired of his bullshit, alright?! Now, are you two gonna join me in drinking? Or are you just going to continue wallowing in self-pity like a pair of fucking losers?"

"You seem to be the one wallowing tonight, you fucking loser." Jedson shot back mockingly.

I brushed it off as I raised my glass high and said, "I'm not wallowing... I'm celebrating! Here's to cutting ties and regaining my independence, right guys?! No more sharing my time or my girls with that shithead! I'm going to find me a smoking hot Betty tonight!"

Before they could stop me from making a fool of myself, I finished my drink and ran towards the dancefloor in search of my prey. They both reluctantly sat down at the bar to keep a wary eye on me, nursing their beers as Nate pulled out his phone to call someone.

I don't know if I danced to five songs, ten songs, or maybe even twenty... all I know is that I was too drunk to notice when the beat changed and a new girl was grinding up against me to the rhythm pounding through the speakers. Just when I thought I'd settled on my conquest for the night, a beautiful, leggy bombshell in six inch heels and a tightly fitted pleather mini-dress came marching over like I was the prey and she was the predator. She had a jet-back fringe cut and striking blue eyes, and her lips were as plump and red as cherries. She didn't even have to say anything; the moment my current dance partner saw her approach, she ran away from me with her tail between her legs! The new girl smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck to pull me close.